Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Reseller Feedback Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Resellers,

SnapNames is currently making an effort to better serve and understand domain resellers. We've recently built an API that will allow resellers to offer our services directly to their clients (so long as their 'parent' registrar is a SnapNames partner); we also have some other services still in QA that we are rolling out soon.

Feedback from resellers is a vital part of our decision making process on these new products. Some of you have already received and responded to a survey we sent out - thanks. If you haven't seen it, I've copied a brief version below. If you are a domain reseller, we'd really appreciate it if you would please take a moment to answer these questions. You can reply directly to me (kjel@snapnames), or post your answers here if you prefer.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Kjel Holmberg
SnapNames

1. What registrar(s) do you resell for? Why did you choose them?

2. In what ways are you satisfied or dissatisfied with this registrar?

3. About how many new domain names do you sell in COM, NET, and ORG per month, not including incoming transfers?

4. How many in BIZ, INFO, and NAME?

5. Which, if any, of the following services would you be interested in offering on your web site through an API under your own private label ?

a. Back-ordering for COM, NET, ORG at $30-34.50 wholesale
b. WLS for COM, NET at $24+ wholesale
c. Back-ordering on BIZ, INFO, and NAME at prices to be determined
d. Back-ordering on major ccTLDs.
e. Whois and nameserver monitoring and notification services at $5 wholesale
f. Alerts on domain name availability and back-order/WLS availability leading to purchases of same (free to you)
g. Back-ordering on multi-lingual names

6. Have you ever sought or considered seeking your own accreditation as a registrar? What prevented you from going this route?

7. Have you ever changed registrars? What was your motivation for doing so?

Again, thanks everyone for your help with this.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Kjel and very nice to see you here!

Most of the questions you asked were very important threads here, a simple search will give you more than a few answers. I'll fill in my own answers when I have a bit more time - but thanks for asking them and I hope to see SnapNames become even better and cheeper :)

buddy

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...I hope to see SnapNames become even better and cheeper

I like the sound of that. I don't mind the price as much as quality/better service. You give me a higher conversion ratio of successful snaps and you will see my money rollin your way!!
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom