Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Reseller market hits all time low

Status
Not open for further replies.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The reseller market on the forums has hit an all time low, it seems. Browsing the forum seeing only lowball offers and single digit bids. Even premium domains are not getting offers. This is after a slow decline in domain sales for most of the year...

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not sure where you get your data, but we just saw some great .info sales this week at the auctions, and this has been a great summer for us in sales numbers and volume.

Last edited:

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Just because the forum has been slow does not mean the sales are slow everywhere.

I've received more offers this month than this entire year.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Resellers are looking for good deals. The hot market is the end-users :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
lit's like fishing ...

i wait for them to bite

This method is more effective if you are dealing with premium domains with high demand otherwise you may be wasting your time. Of course it is more effective to seek end users, but it is easier to reel them in if you have to right bait. ;) You may not get much results without a good sales approach.

mibworld

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree that prices have been going down lately. Economic situation and summer are the main factors I think. Prices should increase again in a few months if nothing terrible happens.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The problem:

Sellers try to sell to sellers.

I just closed a couple .net names last week in the $x,xxx range each.

Go out and look for end-users or semi-end-users. There are still a lot of people who does not know the domain market. You need to fill in the missing link between the buyer and seller.

John

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I hope so, when I make a nice buy tomorrow :D

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The end-user market is HOT ! And that's where you get the most money anyway. The last few months have been the best ever for end user sales for us. And we've been in the domain business since 1999.

The brick and mortar is going down, but the "click" and mortar is going up.. Companies know how imperative it is to expand their internet presence in this day in age.

If you have any sense and any good salesmanship techniques, selling to end-users for a good amount is like taking candy from a baby. Of course you need good names and not crap.

If you have crap names that don't open any eyes, it doesn't matter what you try to do. Crap spawns crap.. You can't make chicken salad out of chicken sh*t.

Last edited:

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The end-user market is HOT ! And that's where you get the most money anyway. The last few months have been the best ever for end user sales for us. And we've been in the domain business since 1999.

The brick and mortar is going down, but the "click" and mortar is going up.. Companies know how imperative it is to expand their internet presence in this day in age.

If you have any sense and any good salesmanship techniques, selling to end-users for a good amount is like taking candy from a baby. Of course you need good names and not crap.

If you have crap names that doesn't open any eyes, it doesn't matter what you try to do.

I have seen my end user sales go down to zero this past year even though I have gotten much better domains and started sending out much more emails/phone calls.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have seen my end user sales go down to zero this past year even though I have gotten much better domains and started sending out much more emails/phone calls.

The types of names you want to have don't require any "soliciting". End users with cash go looking for good domains and become emotionally involved in the process. If you have decent names all you need to do is provide a contact form and/or whois contact info. The real skill lies in negotiating good deals for yourself. If you start with less than good names, your already behind. The market decides what names are good, you just have to tune in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators