Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Reselling onlinenic.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoachRock

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Do any of you resell through onlinenic.com? If so, are you happy?Also, have you installed and customized template 3.0 with any luck? Just would like your input...

Thanks,

CoachRock

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I haven't installed the template yet, but I am reselling and giving users the ability to change their reg details through the standard page supplied by OLN

The biggest disadvantage of dealing through OLN is the URL forwarding charge. I have written to them about it several times and they have said that they will waive it if I reg 1,000 names per month. That's a bit too much for me though :D

Can you write to them and say it's a big disadvantage and can they make it free.

DomainOrders

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
About the URL forwarding charge -- I wonder, can you not just edit the DNS and point it to the URL that you want to forward to? They give you the ability to Manage DNS records, and if I look at one that I set up URL forwarding on then it shows the destination URL in there. I haven't tried it outside of using their URL forwarding feature so I don't know if it would work or not.

DomainPairs

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
The entry at the registrar is not a URL but a DNS pointer. The DNS resolves the IP when it gets the URL enquiry. 200-300 names on a shared virtual server will slow down the response for other users on that server, and this is why you have to enter into special deals with hosting cos if you want to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom