Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

~~~~ rex.com ~~~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

havlock

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Taking Offers...

REX.COM

Dictionary Definition: REX; To be King, to domineer

REX, one of the very few 3 letter dot com words that actually spell something, much less something so powerful.

Genuine 3 Letter .com, 14 years old and continuously registered since 1994

Currently 83,300,000 google results for REX

Not Only Is REX.COM a Great 3 letter .COM It is also one of the older domains on the market.

There are hundreds, if not thousands, of potential end-users for this domain name (Do the research, we do not seem to be allowed to post specific information here)

Also included with this sale is the following additional portfolio of REX domains;

REXnews.com - Nice for all the news that fit for REX
REXshops.com - Nice for a shopping site
REXfriend.com - Nice for your REX friends
REXclient.com - Nice for your REX clients
REXparking.com - Nice for a parking company, especially if you use REX for a Domain Real Estate eXchange
REXpets.com - self explanatory
REXget.com - Nice for a search engine, Let REX Get it for You!
REXcetera.com - Nice for a blog site
REXgeneration.com - Nice for a social network site, are you a member of the REXgeneration?
REXsearch.info - Another nice one for a search engine

For those interested current traffic is approx 400+ unique visitors per day and is normally much higher in the fall and winter months. Visit the sitemeter at the domain for more details.

Parking revenues is currently averaging approx $17-$21+ a day. Parking revenue stream is higher in the fall winter months.

~~~~~
Acronym Ideas;
Real Estate eXchange
Retail Entertainment eXchange
Real Estate eXecutives
Royal Exchange
Radical Entertainment eXperience
Real EXposure
Real EXciting
Rental EXchange
Real Estate Explorer
Roundtables for Executives
Real Entertaining Excitement
Real Ecstasy Experiment
Real Estate Xfer (tranfser)
Real Estate Excellence
Rooms Express

~~~~~
Feel free to contact me here, or you can also email me at the whois contact for the domain.
Regards
joey

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$25k, please would you state an expected range to save our time and yours, thanks.

DNP

Trust & Reliability
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
One more sale thread?! What happened with the previous one...? Anyway 31K here...

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please send me full parking stats screenshot via PM with your best BIN

owntag

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$35k here, again, please would you state an expected range to save our time and yours, thanks.

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Deleted member 111831

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$41,264.52

the other thread had a BIN of 150k

there are hundreds if not thousands of entities worldwide who go by the name rex. that sounds great for re-sale potential, but does anybody think that might make this domain a dangerous target for a wipo/tm dispute?

Last edited:

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$41,264.52

there are hundreds if not thousands of entities worldwide who go by the name rex. that sounds great for re-sale potential, but does anybody think that might make this domain a dangerous target for a wipo/tm dispute?

Yeah I thinked about some possible TM/Wipo issues about this...but I think the seller said us before open a thread for sale (I'm wrong??)

So I reformulate the question:
Possible TM/Wipo problems with this domain?
Havlock had you some TM problems in past?

MaxS

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Please send parking statistics.

havlock

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
One more sale thread?! What happened with the previous one...? Anyway 31K here...

Even though we had dozens of people praising us for posting the information that we were doing (we have a researcher here gathering the info) it seems that someone here complained and considered it spam so Johnn closed the thread. It was presented that you domainers can do the research yourselves.
Thanks for the bid

Please send me full parking stats screenshot via PM with your best BIN

Since I cannot seem to figure out how to attach a screenshot to a PM, please provide your email address and I will send you some info. Our BIN has been quoted below and in the other thread of $150k. We are not in position to quote lower. Please provide you Best Offer and we will certainly consider it.
Thanks

$35k here, again, please would you state an expected range to save our time and yours, thanks.

As quoted below and in the other thread, the BIN price is 150k, post sold to claim and call it yours. Thanks

$41,264.52

Correct, the BIN price is 150k, if you want us to consider any other reasonable offers, please post or PM them. I would imagine any tm or wipo dispute would also consider your use of the domain.

So I reformulate the question:
Possible TM/Wipo problems with this domain?
Havlock had you some TM problems in past?

We have had the domain since inception, 14 years, and have not had any TM/Wipo issues whatsoever. This is about as generic as it gets. No its not Cars.com or Hotels.com, but it is a very generic word.
Thanks for the bid.

~~~

Since many of you here seem to be so interested in the parking revenues I will post screen shots of recent revs and info later tonight. So there will actually be no need to PM me or post asking for revs.

Fella's, I understand you are all interested in short term revenues and are very hip into the parking concept, but stop for a moment and make sure you are not missing the forest behind the trees with this domain with the branding potential.

From a branding standpoint, this domain is about as universal as it gets. Almost anything could be branded as REX, the King of _______ (fill in your product of service) Most logically we think would be playing off the King aspect as well as the acronym potential, such as Real Estate Exchange, or Radical Entertainment Experience or so on and so on. There is a reason that there are Sooo Many entities around the world that brand themselves REX. What other single word on the planet can you think of that has been used more across a wide and diverse crowd? This domain has the potential to be the next myspace, facebook, abc, nbc, fox, ebay, etc, talk about a globally recognized brand name!

~~~
Parking Revenues;

For those of you interested so much in the parking revenues, below are links to Sept MTD and what would fit in a screen from Aug. This should give you an example of how revenues are currently. For some reason this forum does not let me insert pictures like the other one did, so I had to provide the .jpgs as links.

SEPTEMBER

AUGUST

The traffic and revenue travails upwards in the fall winter months to times of $50-$75+ daily and as much as 2000+ unique visits. Visit the sitemeter at the domain to see traffic trends for the last 12 months. Keywords have been rotated in and around games, poker, consumer electronics, real estate and banking (Mortgage, Plasma and Refinance seem to be good words), though we have tested various others over the course.

Currently we use a portal page which is not keyword specific but is category driven. We are not selling the name based on parking revenues, but would be happy to provide what history is available from Sedo and ND to a buyer for reference if requested after a deal is done.

When we ran and tested with Google, the revenue basically was double, but we found it too much administrative hassle to re-create the parked page concept and keep it changing.

We would also include as part of the sale; REXnews.com, REXshops.com, REXclient.com and REXfriend.com. REXshops.com with an Amazon Store has performed excellent when combined with REX.COM's traffic. Parking companies do not let us link the two, so it pulls the overall revenue down while we have REX.COM parked and evaluated for sale. I hope this information helps in your decision process. Feel free to contact me with any further questions.

Regards
Joey

Last edited:

havlock

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For those who might be interested...

Females, Diseases and REX - On the Auction Block

Last update: 8:35 a.m. EDT Sept. 26, 2008

SMITHSBURG, Md., Sept 26, 2008 /PRNewswire via COMTEX/ -- At first glance, the word "diseases" might cause you to feel a bit melancholy, but on October 1st, the sale of Diseases.org will help make a sick child's wish come true.

SmashFactory.com has organized the Bids for Kids online domain auction that will help benefit The Make-A-Wish Foundation(R) of the Mid-Atlantic. The auction is unique in that a portion of the proceeds from each and every sale will go directly to The Make-A-Wish Foundation(R) via Escrow.com. Over 250 quality domain names will be on the auction block, including Females.com, Diseases.org, REX.com, LawPractice.com, Moms.net, Premium.net and WebSupport.com. A full list of names being auctioned can be found at http://SmashFactory.com.

Escrow.com, the premier online escrow company, is working closely with SmashFactory owner Dottie Gruhler to ensure prompt, secure transactions. Escrow.com is the exclusive escrow company for the auction.

"I am thrilled with the amount of quality domains that we've submitted to the auction," said Gruhler. "We wanted to offer a broad spectrum of names in different categories, including much sought-after generics. Our goal is to write a substantial check to The Make-A-Wish Foundation(R) after the auction."
Bids for Kids will run from October 1st through October 3rd 2008, and will be held at online auction house Bidjit.com. A free Bidjit.com account is required to bid. Additional information can be found at http://SmashFactory.com.

About The Make-A-Wish Foundation(R)
The Make-A-Wish Foundation(R) of the Mid-Atlantic, Inc. is a nonprofit organization that fulfills the wishes of children facing life-threatening medical conditions to enrich the human experience with hope, strength and joy. Founded in 1983, the Make-A-Wish Foundation of the Mid-Atlantic, Inc. has fulfilled the wishes of nearly 6,000 children fighting illnesses such as cancer, pediatric AIDS, cystic fibrosis, Duchenne muscular dystrophy and heart disease.

About SmashFactory.com
SmashFactory.com is an online domain broker/sales site that provides both portfolio sales, and domain brokerage services.

chrisb72

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I heard Rex Grossman wanted to lay claim to it :)

havlock

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
REX.COM is now taking offers via the Smashfactory Bid-For-Kids auction happening on Bidjit.com, below is a link to the domains list;

http://www.bidjit.com/index.php?a=5&b=12827&page=1

Auction Date: Oct 1-3

The reserve/BIN price for the domain has been dramatically reduced for this event, if this name interests you now is the time to get a great deal on the domain as well as help a great cause that helps great kids.

** This domain is part of the Bids for Kids Auction. Part of the proceeds from each name sold during the auction will benefit the MidAtlantic Make-A-Wish Foundaton. All names listed in the auction are under Computers > Web Domains & Services > Domain Names or click View Sellers Other Items. ALL Bids for Kids auctions will have the Bids for Kids logo. You can not bid on any name until October 1st. You must have a Bidjit.com account to bid, and an Escrow.com account to complete the transaction should you win. ALL payments will go through Escrow.com The auction runs from Oct. 1st through Oct. 3rd. Further information can be found on Smashfactory.com**​

Regards
Joey

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators