• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed ri.sk

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brian1234

New Member
Legacy Gold Member
Joined
Apr 14, 2006
Messages
689
Reaction score
24
Hi

Anyone care to take a risk and appraise this fine name for me?

Regards,
 
Brian,

i would say somewhere between $3,000 - $5,000 as a starting point, and if you are willing to stand your ground in negotiations (with probably an investment company) you could take it up to low to mid $xx,xxx.

A superb 'hacked domain'. Congratulations.
 
Hi Brian
i think this looks great! Okay no type in, but thats not where this domain is at. It is hugely brandable & could be used for a gambling site or a venture capitalist site, with high risks but high returns.
If a decent (low - mid xxxx) offer comes your way, it could well be an enduser where a much higher price could be achieved. It's not a domain where you will get buyers queing up, but when the ones that do, they will probably fall in love with it
When did you reg it?
cheers
Pred
 
When did you reg it?
Pred

Hi Billbo and Pred, thanks for the great replies!

I regged it about 2 years ago; it's a Slovakian (Europe) .sk extension. I will need to get my 'thinking cap' on 'though so's the name can pass the fabled 'radio test'..! (i.e. how on earth do I say the name verbally and not cause confusion?).

I (almost) like what del.icio.us have done, where they also bought delicious.com, but I don't think I could afford to be paying Hasbro mega-cash for risk.com!!...

I'm sure i'll find a way around this 'though. In the meantime, thanks again for the great insights.

Regards,
 
Hi Billbo and Pred, thanks for the great replies!

I regged it about 2 years ago; it's a Slovakian (Europe) .sk extension. I will need to get my 'thinking cap' on 'though so's the name can pass the fabled 'radio test'..! (i.e. how on earth do I say the name verbally and not cause confusion?).

I (almost) like what del.icio.us have done, where they also bought delicious.com, but I don't think I could afford to be paying Hasbro mega-cash for risk.com!!...

I'm sure i'll find a way around this 'though. In the meantime, thanks again for the great insights.

Regards,

Hi Brian,
no probs. tbh Billbo is the 'hacked' domain expert & he can no doubt point you in the best directions.
Don't worry about how it is said. This is a visual domain. It's power would be on a billboard or something.
Imagine driving past:

WWW. RI.SK

There's a stack of companies that have two word hyphenated domains. They have telephone customer support teams that have to say 'littlewoods' 'hyphen' 'catalogue' 'dot' 'co' 'dot' 'uk' for example! lol as an example
No great problems for a huge betting site to say on telesales or support
'RI' 'dot 'SK'.
Short & sweet.
Good luck. You could do worse than pm Billbo & ask for a bit of advice, he's a top bloke too.
cheers
Pred
 
No great problems for a huge betting site to say on telesales or support 'RI' 'dot 'SK'. Short & sweet. Good luck. You could do worse than pm Billbo & ask for a bit of advice, he's a top bloke too.
cheers, Pred

That really is very helpful of you, thank you! I do like domain 'hacks', and am particularly fond of 2 letter one's followed by a 2 letter extension; they seem to 'sit' better somehow (separated by the dot) almost as though they were meant to be!

I also like "www.xx" name hacks. I have a couple (e.g. www.tl)... now THEY really do bring in 'type in' hits! Weird, I know, but true...
 
nice domain hack:)
mid $XXX at least.
 
eh, enduser who knows, but I would only say low xxx.
 
nice hack not a very ri.sky investment if you ask me.
 
Bad extension, but great use of it.

I'd say it could get low $xxxx from the right buyer. Wholesale mid-low $xxx.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom