• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed RiseLA.com - got someone sniffing - pls help me set a price

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dahal

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 23, 2005
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
G'day fellow domainers!

I'm a bit of a newbie here having just signed up and I'm after a bit of assistance..

I recently picked up RiseLA.com from an available domains lists (NameClerk - thanks mate!) and suddenly I've got an email from someone who's interested in it. Could you please help me come up with a fair price to ask?

I was thinking that a likely use of this would be something focussed on Los Angeles (LA), but haven't really thought too much about it.

Any suggestions on possible uses and what you reckon would be a fair price to asked are very welcome.. I'm guessing that six letters pronouncable with the major US city abbreviation would be worth something, but I'm only pretty new to this so any help would be great.

Cheers,

Dave
 
Ask what the persons budget is.
 
yeah, I was a bit nervous of just asking them because they might just say $20 bucks when it might really be worth xxx as you're suggesting. Do you reckon that's the sort of price it would get in an auction because I don't want to scare this guy away too quickly!

I've tried looking on for sale website to get comparative prices but it's a bit tricky. TryLA.com is listed for $100 - do you think RiseLA should be more or less than that?

PS - thanks for your replies - all other opinions welcome!
 
thanks for your help - I've gone back and said $100 to $200 - will let you know what happens...
 
If you're new and you got an unsolicited offer, be sure it's not a scam. Doesn't require appraisal, does it?

You can also try something like this when you get offers for domains that you haven't priced: "I'm willing to sell even though I wasn't planning to. I'm really not interested in a lot of back and forth negotiating. Please feel free to make an offer, if it's in the ballpark, I will respond to it. If it's not in the ballpark, I won't send a response."
 
You can also try something like this when you get offers for domains that you haven't priced: "I'm willing to sell even though I wasn't planning to. I'm really not interested in a lot of back and forth negotiating. Please feel free to make an offer, if it's in the ballpark, I will respond to it. If it's not in the ballpark, I won't send a response."


good one :high5:
 
I tried pronouncing it with a different emphasis ... it could be a slangy-/crooked way of pronouncing reseller. ri-sela' if you see what I mean.
 
But wouldn't that put the value at $0?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom