• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed RMQL.com and MJIY.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathanial Benton

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 11, 2009
Messages
31
Reaction score
0
I purchased a couple of these recently and was wondering about any value.

RMQL.com
Bought a 30 day featured front page on sedo, along with a 30 day featured category on Sedo. Still waiting for them to insert them into the showcases though, I'm supposed to get an email when they do.

MJIY.com
Not much to be said here.

Both domains have a little site going that can explain the uses of the domains, if that helps at all.

I was told to come here and meet some of you and get them appraised. I have some more lying around that I might choose to get appraised in the future :)

Thanks!

-Nathanial Benton,
Plainwell, Michigan
 
Last edited:
First off, where is Plainwell? I just moved from MI and I don't recognize it!

For 3 or 4 char domains its important to keep in mind the quality of letter composition. These domains are typically acronyms or abbreviations. This is taken from 3character.com but still applies:

"General concensus states that the letters A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I, L, M, N, O, P, R, S, T are considered premium letters. Other lesser high quality letters include: J, K, U, V, W. Lower quality letters include: Q, X, Y, Z. Domains selling for less than the above figures would represent a strong buy in today's market. Premium letter only domains tend to fetch a 500% to 600% premium (or more) over the Minimum Wholesale Price. Mixed letter quality domains have valuations somewhere in the middle of these two extremes."

with that in mind RMQL.com would have three premium letters, and MJIY.com would have two. There are other factors such as whether its pronounceable, or brandable, possible misspell, possible number of acronyms, is there a current .TLD that would be intersted... The list goes on.

Wow that was a long answer, anyway I would them mid $XX - high $XX ea.

that's my 2 (or maybe more) cents!
 
Thanks for your reply!

Plainwell is actually not too far away from Grand Rapids. It's in Allegan County. :)

I'm curious what others have to say too :)

I appreciate your thoughts, azanmi, that really helps :)
 
Last edited:
Hi guys,

Sedo emailed me informing me that RMQL.com was entered into the featured section for domains appearing on the main website, and the featured section of the domains category, 4 letter.

I just want to get any possible second thoughts here, just wondering if you think the domain being in the featured categories will help too.

I don't mind them selling for even mid XX, but I really would think that RMQL would be worth more, seeing how RMQL stands for Ruby on Rails Model Query Language (or just Ruby Model Query Language).

When searching Google for "RMQL" without the quotes, this is the first result. (Heck, even with the quotes :P)

Does this information help?

Again, I thank you for your thoughts, it means a lot.
 
I wouldnt say more than low $xx each. They look pretty random and that place them at low $xx for me.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom