• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed Roses.us - "Say It With Roses!!!"

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice one Joe! Definitely develop it! As you know, the .us market is not the best right now.

Maybe import roses from South America for mail order, or from Miami for that matter. Drop ship would be best to avoid warehouse costs, double shipping. Roses around here can be had for $20/5 dozen, or even less at spots. I know there can be problems shipping live plants across certain state lines (CA especially), not sure about cut flowers. Or maybe just develop an informational site about roses, types, care & maintenance, etc, then affiliate with 1800flowers, and similar.
 
I would say this is 2-5k reseller (although if I had it...I would not sell it in that range)...I agree with the comment to develop...

Nice .us name.
 
One of the better possible .us domains, as the TLD makes a lot of sense since people want local flower delivery, and this is the kind of thing people turn to the internet for. A very brandable domain too. OTOH, the .us market isn't doing that well now. I'd estimate a reseller value of $3K to $5K.
 
Finally Joe, a good .us (I happen to remember that appeals.us fiasco)
It's definitely a domain to develop and/or sell to an end user (flower shop or whatnot).
For the sake of tagging it with a monetary value, I'd say it's worth "raw" around the $3k mark (not end user price).
 
Very nice domain name Joe! Should be in the $25K to $50K range to an end user, in my opinion. For full revenue potential, you will need to build a site on it and wait a year or two. Excellent buy - Best of sucess with this one - Steve
 
Nice domain, very developable, would fit nicely for flower delivery service/gift shop.
I hope you are not taking estibot seriously ;)

IMO you will have a hard time selling for more than $4K end user. Some appraisals are overoptimistic in my view. If roses.us is worth 5 figures how much is flowers.us worth ? Good money undoubtedly but well.
The .us market is still weak. Perhaps I'm wrong but I don't see a reseller here paying that amount, or even 2K. Anyone ?
 
Roses are red,
Violets are blue.
The domain is worth
A thousand or two.

Reseller, anyway. But I'm sure there are plenty of flower shops/chains out there that would pay an end-user price for it, maybe $5K in today's .us market. Develop it yourself and generate some decent traffic, and you can triple that estimate.

Nice one, Joe.
 
That's a great name to blow out into a large site!
$5k+ to an SEO!
 
Great domain Joe!

Love it, reseller around low-mid $x,xxx I assume. Enduser.. high $x,xxx- even low $1x,xxx but could be a hard one to sell, .us isn't doing too well ATM.

I think most posts on your thread are pretty acurate.

Congrats with the domain, I'd say HOLD it untill this recession is over if you want to auction it off.. could be a while ;)
This is really generic domain so I'd hold out for an enduser with deep pockets.

Regards,
Tim
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom