Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Saturday Musings - A Business Vision

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140517_netball.jpg

Today I went and watched my daughter Elise play netball. For those of you that are unfamiliar with the game it’s like basketball but with no dribbling or backboard….it’s actually brilliant! Sadly, Elise’s team got absolutely thumped.

At the end of the game the coach pulled the team aside and asked the question, “Do you really want to play?” What happened was the team played well in the first quarter and then did nothing in the next three…..they lost the vision of the end game. They were busy on court but no results really showed on the scoreboard.

It’s absolutely the same in business. The ultimate vision of business is pretty easy, revenue less expenses equals profit. The last time I checked the only way that you could get revenue is through relationships with customers. The goal of generating a reasonable profit is to ensure that the business is sustainable. If you don’t have a profit then you actually have a hobby that is funded by another form of income.

I see so many businesses get caught up in the grind of daily tasks that they completely forget why they were originally created. They forget that they need to really serve their customers as they are the people that really pay the wages.

A number of years ago I was running a business and heard one of the technical team complaining about a particular customer. I pulled the programmer aside and said, “Why are you complaining about the person that pays your wages?” He’d lost sight of why customers are so important.

Read More

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators