Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Saturday Musings - Are You Of Good Conscience?

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140906_kennedy.jpg

I recently watched the movie “Thirteen Days” on the Cuban Missile crisis and the fact that the world was literally minutes away from a nuclear Armageddon. In the movie President Kennedy says, “There is something amoral when people of good conscience remain silent.” This really struck home with me and I find myself constantly asking the question, “Am I silent?”

This brings me to why I wrote my recent post that was largely about Google (click here to read it). I’ve had a number of people contact me saying that I’m going to get my Google account penalised and saying, “You’re in trouble now!”

So let’s unpack some of this. These comments suggest that the whole domain industry is terrified of Google and what Google may or may not do. That Google is a malevolent organisation that looks for people to crush under its boot of tyranny (dramatic music here).

My experience of anyone at Google is quite the reverse. Sure, you feel like you’re doing a fancy two step with them but once you understand that they are essentially a monopoly in the PPC space desperately trying NOT to look like a monopoly then you can more fully understand their position. All they’re trying to do is increase shareholder value and get Christmas bonuses. It's really as simple as that.....!

Whenever I hear that Google has made life difficult for an individual then nine times out of ten it’s because the domainer has done something stupid OR Google did a change to a system that happened to target the domainer’s traffic. I don’t believe that Google can actually be bothered dealing with punishing individuals….to be quite frank with you it’s a waste of their time.

Read More

Continue reading...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators