Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Saturday Musings - Pushing Through Adversity

Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140412_pushing.jpg

Over the years I’ve found that business is 90% perspiration and 10% inspiration and sometimes you just need to push. What I mean by this is when you have a supplier, government body or someone else blocking you from your goal you just need to keep on hammering away until you get the result that you require for your business.

When someone tells me that what I’m after is not possible then I typically just “sigh” and climb the corporate ladder until I can reach someone that can make a sensible decision. If you are trying to sort out an issue with a large corporate supplier then there is nothing like the annual report to find the person in charge of customer service, call head office and ask for them by name.

I remember about fifteen years ago I overheard a conversation in one of my sales teams. They had been trying to reach the decision maker in an organisation to take the next steps in securing a large contract and all of the “gate-keepers” were stopping them. They needed some creative pushing.

I stepped up to the team leader and asked, “What’s the company’s phone number?”

Read More

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators