Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Saturday Musings - Take Some Time...

ParkLogic

Level 4
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2e1ax_default_frontpage_20140628_olaf.jpg

I waved good-bye to my wife, Roselyn, this morning as she left for a craft market to sell the goods that she’d been making. For the whole week she’s been diligently baking, decorating and creating all sorts of incredible things to sell to would be customers. All sorts of really yummy things like, fudge, yoyos, brownies, decorated cookies etc. All bad for you but really great with a cup of coffee!

Is she going to make a lot of money? Not really but she’s had an amazing creative journey along the way. She’s also made a whole lot of new friends at the market….how good is that!

We sometimes get so caught up in the desire to make money that we forget why we are doing it. Watching Roselyn being so happy as she decorated an “Olaf” fudge pop (character from Disney’s Frozen) energised my own creative thinking. Her enjoyment was contagious!

Yes, we need to put food on the table but there is more to life than accumulating things. This past week I’ve been working each night to the small hours of the morning as ParkLogic has been going through a rapid growth phase. It's like domain investors all over the world are suddenly getting what we do and how we bring value to their domains!

You may be experiencing something like this in your own business. You've been working really hard over the years and then suddenly everything clicks into place. We need to seize these opportunities but never forget that they should never become habits otherwise we risk forgetting what earning all the money is for.

So now that it’s the weekend….take a break. Don’t check your stats, skype or email. Spend some time doing something creative. Don’t watch a movie or turn on the television. Paint a picture, write a song, write the start of a book, do some gardening. Whatever that reminds you about life.

Most of all, don’t feel guilty for doing it. Have a great weekend!

------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget that the webinar on selling domains is Tuesday, 1st July 2014 at 4pm (US Pacific).

Click here for more information.

Read More

Continue reading...

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom