Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Scammer Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cool_mind

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lost 4 of my LLLL.COM with a stupid chargeback
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=705260
Scammer details at Godaddy
Brian Gordon
address: 4117 Emeral Dreams Drive
city: Princeton
state: illinois
zip: 61356
phone: 8153039148
email: [email protected]
Godaddy said they won't involve in a third part deals, paypal charge me with 370$ , plz let me know if something could help
Thank you

Domain Summit 2024

ktechsite

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Contact paypal at [email protected]

they will surely do something abt it

and remember before transfering frm next time better ask the person to open a dispute first and then close it and then you transfer it so you are safe

Cool_mind

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Paypal just held the money and they will see the issue between 5-7 days , alot of ppl said they will do the chargeback for the scammer and all ppl will lose their money,
Thank you

ktechsite

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that's what i am saying write to them and send the details of the transfer of the domains

if you are lucky it would turn out to be in your favor

grevan

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Govind,
could you explain it better please?

and remember before transfering frm next time better ask the person to open a dispute first and then close it and then you transfer it so you are safe

It can help some people, including my self, as it has never happened to me.
Thanks.

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
DP is a cesspool of scammers. Why people continue to sell there is beyond me.

RustyK

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domainers should have their own payment system. I mean with all the transactions thats taking place on a daily basis you'd think we'd have a Domain Bank. I know there's escrow but you know what I mean.

Sorry about your situation Cool Mind. I hope you get your domains back.

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Very bad for business if we can not trust each other.

-- I am not sure of how the open and close dispute before pushing the domains part work.

if the seller never push the domains - buyer will be in trouble.

Looks like it is time DNF start a Brokerage business. (like escrow service)

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Lost 4 of my LLLL.COM with a stupid chargeback
http://forums.digitalpoint.com/showthread.php?t=705260
Scammer details at Godaddy
Brian Gordon
address: 4117 Emeral Dreams Drive
city: Princeton
state: illinois
zip: 61356
phone: 8153039148
email: [email protected]
Godaddy said they won't involve in a third part deals, paypal charge me with 370$ , plz let me know if something could help
Thank you

Contact DOT COM GOD aka Adam.. he may be able to help you with domains.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we have half og GoDaddy's staff here... :)

Very bad for business if we can not trust each other.[/qoute]

So true. Maybe someone here can work on a service? A company that holds onto the money while perhaps pulling the domain from the seller to the buyer's registrar w/ the reigstration fee (to make sure it is legit). After the domain transfers over and they verify it, they push the domain to the buyer and the funds to the seller.

All for a small fee, 2%-4%?

Bad news, though:

DNEscrow.com
DomainersEscrow.com
DomainEscrow.com

Are all registered. :sigh2:

Devil Dog

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hear it's pretty difficult to become licensed as an escrow service.

So true. Maybe someone here can work on a service? A company that holds onto the money while perhaps pulling the domain from the seller to the buyer's registrar w/ the reigstration fee (to make sure it is legit). After the domain transfers over and they verify it, they push the domain to the buyer and the funds to the seller.

Bad news, though:

DNEscrow.com
DomainersEscrow.com
DomainEscrow.com

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ive sold couple of domains on dp for low xx to mid xx amount, no plms there yet, but anything over 100.00, I look at their I trader rating to watch my back.

italiandragon

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Bad news, though:

DNEscrow.com
DomainersEscrow.com
DomainEscrow.com

If you read in other forums, there have been tens of people who lost money and domains in the last few days and also phishing attacks that is not funny, the real mess is PayPal allowing so easy all chargebacks and people won`t stop using PayPal despite all these scammers.

Even TDNAM is being scammed ( I sold twice 3 LLLL.com few days ago and both times buyers were fraudolent).

In other cases, TDNAM had to pay sellers who transfered domains after receiving authorisation messages from TDNAM and then buyer chargebacked so no way to get domains from other Registrars so TDNAM paid sellers and scammers got domains for free.

I stopped using PayPal and stopped selling domains too unless I`m paid by wire to my bank account.

It`s becoming a mess as more people get in the industry also more scammers have seen that it`s so easy to scam domainers and when they do not even get punished there you go.....who is going to stop them?

It is getting so beyond control and so serious that if we do not stop it soon, it may crash the whole industry......the press and media already talk so bad about us that they only need to label domaining as "scammers paradise". :veryangry:

dbdomains

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In the case of Brian Gordon, on Digital Point, I almost got scammed myself. But things just didn't add up. Including the fact that with Google maps, I couldn't find an Emeral(d) Dreams Drive in Princeton Illinois. I am not saying that Google maps is perfect, but the way he responded to my sale, the fact that his contact info didn't match the domain registration info for the domain in his signature, that he had only purchased services, and no domains up until that point, and the fact that he wanted me to push the domain first, then pay: Each one alone, not a big deal, but all together? I think the DP account had been hacked.

I was lucky, but there seems to be a lot of hacked forum accounts lately

I am sorry you got scammed. Good luck with the registrars and paypal.

Are there any best practices white papers for domainers? Any scam avoidance resources anyone has put together. I know we can learn a lot from the boards, but much of that info is sometimes scattered across dozens of posts among the hundreds of thousands of others. Is there any central repository for this info?

I also agree that a specialty escrow or clearing service is needed for this industry. Paying $25 to escrow.com for a $50 - $100 domain doesn't often make a lot of financial sense. Yet, they need to make a profit, and cover their costs, like insurance on the transactions, banking fees, trust management fees, legal fees, etc.

I have acquired a few domains for a domain escrow and clearing service and am considering getting involved in that kind of a venture.

What are the features necessary? What kind of pricing structure? Should it be an independent company, a co-op, run by an industry association, each registrar? Should domainers get bonded like other service providers? What about transparency, not just on the buyer side, but the seller side too? It's no longer just 'caveat emptor' -- sellers are getting scammed too.

I have my own ideas, of course. What do you think?

This kind of crap drove me away from this industry a few years ago, and may drive me and thousands of others away again.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't visit DP often but I was appaled at the parking account wanted ads :eek:
It definitely looks like a haven for scammers and I am under the impression moderation does not take place there.

mvl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Be careful on DP, also in other places, but I see more scammers on DP than on other forums. Even long time membership and perfect iTrader ratings cannot guarantee safe transactions. If you smell something suspicious, always look for signs telling you something is wrong. Long term members can have their accounts hacked, it happens!

I almost closed a mid-high $xxx deal on DP yesterday but something was not right: long time member, perfect itrader, but ... the last transaction was over a year ago. Scanning his recent post history I noticed he used different emails and the paypal account also showed a different name.

So I proposed escrow. His answer was he only had a paypal balance and no money in the bank. No problem because Sedo accepts paypal payments for their escrow service so I proposed using Sedo escrow, with me paying all the fees (3% escrow + 3% paypal over $500). Within a few minutes this buyer backed out of the deal telling me he suddenly spent a big part of his budget on two other names.

If you are not sure about a deal: use escrow. I think it is better to pay a small insurance fee to eliminate the risk of a deal than being ripped of an expensive domain.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Scammers need to be dealt with a solid wood bat. After each bone in their body is broken, we can sign our domains on their cast.

Cool_mind

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a good rep at ebay and there, i don't know why paypal support these actions, it became easy game to buy x,xxx domains and get the money back , alot of ppl call godaddy and paypal and they do nothing, if they protect fair deals , there is no hope for scammers , now if you got scammed you must know that there isn't enough protection for you , who allow a successful scam ? we , godaddy or paypal?
Thank you but i think i lost them and nothing would help

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I stopped selling on ebay because of chargebacks. The last one was for $1200. And it was a tangible product with delivery proof. Paypal wouldnt accept at all. That was about two years back.

Local domain deals work great for me right now, or escrow.com if the amount is over 300. I normally split the fee with the buyer.

Scammers run a mile when you say the magic words 'only escrow.com'. Paypal is totally no-no for anything over $100.

I also researched MB and eGold, both have chargebacks.

Afternic started an escrow at 1% but with a min. charge of $60 and you need to ensure domains are not listed with them etc.

Someone needs to tap this market, huge potential imo, but any escrow below $300 is just not possible, guess that means the small fry and noob domainers are done for.

Its gotten this bad mostly with the LLLL.com craze, wasn't as bad before and now with all the phishing attacks on DNF / NP / DP - even if you think you know the person it might just be someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators