Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

IHYM.COM ( ihym .com ) IBJF.COM ( ibjf .com ) Stolen! Godaddy PayPal Do Nothing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Stolen:

IHYM.COM ( ihym .com )
IBJF.COM ( ibjf .com )

If you see these names for sale from anyone other than me, do not buy them, they are STOLEN.

I have been in this business for 11 years. I had heard about it. I have read about it. But yet, I never thought it would happen to me. I got scammed out of 2 4 letter domains on the DP forum.

I had alot of names for sale. 2 of them were IHYM.com and IBJF.com. Apparently it starts with a hacked account on this forum. This guy hacks a better known forum member and uses his account to send you a offer. Well, I accepted his offer. He at first said that since I had a lower trader rating, I should push the names first. Well, I told him I wasn't crazy, you send the funds first.

Well, having a hacked (assuming) PayPal account also, he sends the funds. Well, after I confirm the payment, just like a ebay auction, I push the names to him. I send him a thank you and ask him to make sure he got them and I would leave feedback. Well, 5 minutes later, I log back into PayPal and the funds are on hold. It says it was unauthorized.

Here we go, I PM him and he says he is on the phone with PayPal, wait 5 minutes. That was it. My names were gone. And after spending 24 hours Googling sh**, I find out there are hundreds of stolen domains. They all have 2 things in common, PayPal and Godaddy.

Well, PayPal can't do much, the account the money was sent from was more than likly hacked. But when you have proof of what has happend, and you know this has and is happening over and over again, you have to take responsibility Godaddy! It is time to call them out. This is ridiciolous.

Just like the Registerfly mess, if we make a loud enough noise, they will hear us.

As for my names, I would love to have them back, but my options are very limited. I could file a domain dispute for $1300+. I could file a report with that .gov link. I don't know, I am sick.

But maybe by posting this here, Google will put it up to the top when he tries to sell these names which will make thiem useless until I get them back.

And before everyone replies scolding me, I know. I shoulda seen it coming. I don't need that. We need some kind of new policies for when something like this happens. Don't just give the default answer of Escrow. Who is gonna do escrow everytime in our business?

Before I go, I am gonna post this idiot's information he used to pull this off:

He then sent the funds using this account:

[email protected]

And his Godaddy info he sent was:

Robert Watson
address: 2661 Horner Street
city: Akron
state: ohio
zip:44308
phone: 3309682415
email: [email protected]

The user name at DP that he used was:

compules

Here is how it works (Quoted from another domain forum) This is what happend to me :

Recent events have made it very evident that both PayPal and GoDaddy support and protect internet scamming, identity theft, and fraudulent account activities. PayPal and GoDaddy are giants in their respective market segments and domainers have been using both for years. Domainers trusted their domain sales and transfers in the hands of these two corporations, but I do not think that trend will continue much longer.

Recently there have been a lot of scammers going on to forums and initiating sales and purchases of LLLL.com (4 letter .com domain names.) What happens is the scammer either creates a new username at a forum or he somehow hacks into a preexisting username and emulates another user. The scammer then sends out private messages (PM) to users that have posted their domains for sale and offers to buy them. Once negotiations have ended and a price has been established by both the seller and scammer, the scammer sends payment. Currently these scammers only pay via PayPal and only buy names that are registered at GoDaddy; of course, there is a reason for that.

The scammer sends payment via a STOLEN or HACKED PayPal account, assuming the identity of that person. Once the seller receives/confirms payment via PayPal he or she transfers the domains registered at GoDaddy to the Scammer. In order to complete the transfer of the domain the buyer (scammer) must provide the following information: Name, Complete Address, Country, Phone, and Email corresponding to the GoDaddy account where the domains will be transferred to. Usually, the account information is manipulated to match the identical information as the stolen PayPal account, preventing suspicion. Now the seller transfers the domains to the scammers GoDaddy account. Once the domains have been transferred a confirmation PM is sent and the scammer of course says everything is perfect.

The seller goes to sleep happy and the scammer is grinning ear to ear because within minutes the scammer initiates a Chargeback on the stolen PayPal account. A chargeback occurs when fraudulent activity or unauthorized purchases have occurred and PayPal immediately reclaims the funds, without question. After the chargeback is completed the funds in the sellers PayPal account are $0.00. At this point the Scammer has the seller’s domains and the seller has neither the money for the domains nor the domains themselves.

This is where both PayPal and GoDaddy facilitate and condone the scammer’s getaway. The seller calls PayPal and asks,” What happened to my money?” PayPal responds with, “We are sorry sir but the funds you received for the following transaction were fraudulently acquired and the TRUE owner of the account denies initiating the transaction.”

The seller then asks, “Well, do I get my money back? What about my domains can I get those back?”

PayPal responds with, “Actually sir because domains are an INTANGIBLE item they do not comply with the Seller Protection Agreement and are not covered by PayPal, only TANGIBLE items are covered against charge backs. We recommend contacting your registrar to see if they can help you.”

Seller says, “Ok, so the TRUE owner of the account gets his money back, the scammer gets my domains and I am left with neither! I don’t understand how this is possible. Can you provide me with information that you uncover about the scammer so I can contact him or her?”

PayPal representative, “Unfortunately there is nothing we can do for you on our end. Any information that we find can only be obtained by SUBPEONA. The only thing you can do is take legal action against the perpetrator.” Seller says something along the line of, “This is unethical and you will hear from my lawyers, I will never use your services again,” and then hangs up.

So that’s step one in the Scammer’s getaway. PayPal is concealing the identity of the scammer; they can easily track him or her down via a reverse IP lookup to see who initiated the transaction. They protect the TRUE owner of the account and the thief but they do not protect the seller? The seller is the one that has to pay the 3.2% fees, for what, what are those fees going towards if they cannot even protect you. If a transaction is for intangible goods then you should not be FORCED to pay their fees, there is no point.

Here comes step 2 in this disappearing act. By now the seller is feeling agitated but still feels that their is light at the end of the GoDaddy tunnel. The seller checks the WhoIs.sc information for the stolen domains and sees that they are still registered to the THIEF and remain in the GoDaddy system. Surely it would be easy to reverse the transfer; it should not be that hard, you have the GoDaddy email along with all the other contact info to which the domains were transferred to…WRONG! You decide to contact GoDaddy and see what they can do. After explaining your situation to the representative they respond with this, “Unfortunately, GoDaddy does not get involved in third party disputes. This is why we have TDNAM, so you can sell your domains safely.”

TDNAM is an online auction site OWNED by GoDaddy wherein the seller must pay a yearly fee of $6.95 and Escrow fees.

Seller says, “WHAT! These domains were stolen from me and they are in your system. They were just transferred hours ago and I can’t get them back?” GoDaddy, “I’m sorry sir, but since these domains were not transferred via TDNAM we have no responsibility to the buyer or the seller. Once the account change is initiated and accepted we are not involved.” You go back and forth with the GoDaddy representative but get nowhere, there is nothing you can do, and you just got SCAMMED.

The only way to get your domains back is by legal action or reporting the problem to ICAAN.org. Or by the grace of God you find out who the scammer is and harass them to the point of forfeiture. Other than that you are shi* out of luck and there is nothing to be done.

That is how I and countless other sellers got scammed and all we can do is sit here holding the bag. We thought we were safe, but both of these companies take no initiative to solve our problems, despite the crimes involved. It is almost as if they are aiding and abeding criminals. The scammers know every angle, they choose GoDaddy and PayPal because they know that they do not pursue or amend fraudulent transfers and charge backs. The next step is to file a class action lawsuit against PayPal and GoDaddy . All I ask is that anyone that has had this occurrence please email me at benvardag@aol.***, I will compile a list of victims and their situations.

Courtesy of BGMV at another forum

tinner666

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sterling. I hate to say this but I don't think Google can follow this in the Platinum Lounge. Unviewable, probably ungooglable.

I think you should ask to have it moved to Legal which does get indexed.

I hope you get them back. Sorry for your loss.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Contact Adam, I believe he had success recently recovering such domains from GoDaddy.

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thank you to EVERYONE. I appreciate it. I am gonna try and get it moved and try to get a hold of Adam.

DNportfolio

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You may as well forget about PayPal helping you. PayPal sucks big McNuggets! They won't give you the time of day because your transaction involved an intangible item. Best look elsewhere for help.

Please everyone heed this advice! If you're making a sale (or purchase) of domains in excess of $100 or so (especially if you don't know the person you're dealing with), then you need to be using escrow for the transaction. Also, never pay for domains with cash in your PayPal account or straight from your bank account (this includes a debit card) - always use your credit card to pay for domains. PayPal will absolutely NOT help you recover your money, but your credit card company will.

Credit

Buying CC.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Almost happened to me last week. The guy sounded very suspicious so he called it off early. A warning sign that I noticed is that he/they are very eager to use AIM to talk.

bgmv

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey Sterling, I wrote that article. The same thing happened to me with no luck, and believe me, a few NP members and myself tried EVERYTHING to get our domains but were unsuccessfull. They were sold and transferd to someone else, despite all the indexed results indicating how they were stolen. Its B.S, and no one will help you. GD and PayPal dont care and cant/wont do anything for you. Sorry for your loss.

incka

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GoDaddy makes money off stolen domains:

A guy did the same to me (godaddy/paypal). A year later he dropped the domain (he never even changed its nameservers so I continued to earn the $30 a month it was making). I then had to pay hundreds in TDNAM to get it back because GoDaddy refused to even look into the possibility it was stolen until I had gone through legal proceedings which looked too complicated and/or expensive for me to want to do.

SonnyBurnett

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
When these scammers go to jail??
It's a jungle domaining these days.

ComScout.com

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
paypal sucks, I got ripped off 5 grand around 6 years ago due to chargebacks ... they did not care less... I learnt my lesson very quick.

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Names have been recovered and now are back in my possession.

Thank you to Godaddy and PayPal for not doing a damn thing and allowing more innocent people to get ripped off.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
How did you get the names back?

hecto

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great news that you got the names back but how did you do it?

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wonder that too since you criticize GoDaddy for "not doing a damn thing"...

Either GoDaddy did help recover them ... or something else happened; some folks in similar situations resort to "black hat" tactics to get "stolen" names back. Anyways, glad it all worked out.

In regards to PayPal, it's a crapshoot ... I've done numerous transactions through them, but am always leery of PayPal even when dealing with trusted folks.

Ron

DomainMoon.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
i am another member who wants to share how i got cheated of the same procedure as above

the stolen names from me

WorldSiteLinks.com
RayDVDs.com
UniteClassmates.com
ReuniteClassmates.com
DegreeFriends.com
StateFriends.com
kaawi.com
eBobbie.com
eCoyotes.com
eVicky.com
iBarrow.com
iBeard.com
iCostly.com
iCracking.com
iEconomists.com
iEmotional.com
iFishers.com
iLogarithm.com
iLorry.com
iMelodious.com
iOrphanage.com
iSecrete.com
eBuchwald.com
eHitchcock.com
iJurassic.com

I verified the amount and i transferred the domains to him. But later paypal holds the payment and opens 3 disputes or claims of these 3 transactions of amounts ($325 + $300 + $400).

and one case investigation is completed and they reverted the payment back to buyer(transaction 6VK55411S56367700)
the pending transactions are
transaction 3FU298654K3662144
transaction 1BM58575N9655025X
and also these 2 are reverted back on yesterday

so i lost all of my domains and the money :((

at last i traced these guys and found one guy from country India, look what he is saying when i contacted him via email........

Yahoo! Mail
Re: domains purchase from domainmoon.com
Thursday, July 17, 2008 5:35 AM
"john parcker" <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]
if you need this domain i give yu free

FABBERSTORE.COM

uncal

reply now with your godaddy id

On 7/17/08, john parcker <[email protected]> wrote:

lession uncal you are fool i think so i dont have any detales

and one thins u dont know who i am i am best hacker Maddys friend so if you want show you triks and one thing more i desable this id bye

On 7/17/08, DomainMoon.Com <[email protected]> wrote:

dont try to play cheap tricks, you even dont have a phone number ??
dont play jokes, give your friend's phone number that you are saying who is in hyderabad,

i will give a call to them. you already contacted me via online from 2 yahoo accounts and now you saying that you even dont have any online id.

dont make the situation worst i already got everything of your details,

--- On Thu, 7/17/08, john parcker <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: domains purchase from domainmoon.com
To: [email protected]
Date: Thursday, July 17, 2008, 5:25 AM

i dont give any phone no i just say to him he give you money at you home

give me your phone number and your friends phone number who are in hyd and bangalore

Date: Thursday, July 17, 2008, 5:18 AM

sorry i dont use messenger and i naver be online and i have many friends in HYD can you guve you postal address i can send you cash

you taken 26 domains from me from 2 seperate accounts,
[email protected]
[email protected]

i already checked the information regarding all of the names you purchased the reflects the same who is information and the sum you purchased is $1025

which you sent from paypal and it is not credited to my account, then how you can send it again thru paypal

first you come to online on yahoo or msn, i need to talk to you

Date: Thursday, July 17, 2008, 5:13 AM

how much you want $$$

[email protected] by paypal

Date: Thursday, July 17, 2008, 5:09 AM

ok man give me payment detales i send you $

hello

can you please respond to my pm. the payment you sent is not yet deposited to me. please contact the paypal so that i can get my funds back.

please come to online once.

thanking you
pk

and all the emails he used to approach me

[email protected]
[email protected]

and now you can check all the domains that i posted above reflects the above email address you can check the whois info

The data contained in GoDaddy.com, Inc.'s WHOIS database,
while believed by the company to be reliable, is provided "as is"
with no guarantee or warranties regarding its accuracy. This
information is provided for the sole purpose of assisting you
in obtaining information about domain name registration records.
Any use of this data for any other purpose is expressly forbidden without the prior written
permission of GoDaddy.com, Inc. By submitting an inquiry,
you agree to these terms of usage and limitations of warranty. In particular,
you agree not to use this data to allow, enable, or otherwise make possible,
dissemination or collection of this data, in part or in its entirety, for any
purpose, such as the transmission of unsolicited advertising and
solicitations of any kind, including spam. You further agree
not to use this data to enable high volume, automated or robotic electronic
processes designed to collect or compile this data for any purpose,
including mining this data for your own personal or commercial purposes.

Please note: the registrant of the domain name is specified
in the "registrant" field. In most cases, GoDaddy.com, Inc.
is not the registrant of domain names listed in this database.

Registrant:
indiafm.com

haven
road
newyork, New York 75000
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: DEGREEFRIENDS.COM
Created on: 13-Aug-07
Expires on: 13-Aug-08
Last Updated on: 14-Jul-08

Administrative Contact:
player, tony [email protected]
indiafm.com
haven
road
newyork, New York 75000
United States

Technical Contact:
player, tony [email protected]
indiafm.com
haven
road
newyork, New York 75000
United States

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.SERVAGE.NET
NS2.SERVAGE.NET
NS3.SERVAGE.NET
NS4.SERVAGE.NET

Registry Status: clientDeleteProhibited
Registry Status: clientRenewProhibited
Registry Status: clientTransferProhibited
Registry Status: clientUpdateProhibited

some PM conversation on iWebTool.com where this total fraud got happend
deepaknight said:
hi man

send me avlable domain link

link + domain prise

and payment detales

thanks
[/QUOTE]

eBobbie.com
eCoyotes.com
eVicky.com
iBarrow.com
iBeard.com
iCostly.com
iCracking.com
iEconomists.com
iEmotional.com
iFishers.com
iLogarithm.com
iLorry.com
iMelodious.com
iOrphanage.com
iSecrete.com

i like 15 domainds

You have sent $300.00 USD to [email protected]. An email will be sent to the recipient.
View the details of this transaction

my email : - [email protected]

godady id : - JohnParcker451

push

and i checked all of his posting and threads on iwebtool and i found he is running a seo service under website tiptopmovie.com

so i checked the whois info of this site to whom it belongs to
Registrant:
deepak gautam
rajruppur
allahabad
allahabad, 211011
India

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: TIPTOPMOVIE.COM
Created on: 14-Mar-07
Expires on: 14-Mar-09
Last Updated on: 06-Jun-08

Administrative Contact:
gautam, deepak [email protected]
rajruppur
allahabad
allahabad, 211011
India

Technical Contact:
gautam, deepak [email protected]
rajruppur
allahabad
allahabad, 211011
India

Domain servers in listed order:
NS51.DOMAINCONTROL.COM
NS52.DOMAINCONTROL.COM

he changed his phone number, but i already got his number and it is
+91 94153 70296
and i called him several times,

he is now saying that

* now he didn't own those domains
* he is threatening me that he will hack all of my accounts
* do what the hell you want, i am not going to return your domains
* and lot of ***words

i even appoached great services like godaddy and paypal my answers / replies whatever i got are exactly same as above posts

so now the thing is what is the future trading for all domainers now.........

i caught one guy and what about others, there may be tens or hundreds of these now roaming on internet..........

my questions are
1. how i can believe the next customer/buyer who approaches to me to buy domains is a genuine person ??

2. how i can know that the funds send via paypal are AUTHORIZED FUNDS (because they only complaining to paypal once we transfer the domains, upto that you can see funds in your account)

3. HOW TO PROCEED WITH NEXT TRANSACTIONS......................

i request to adam dicker (the owner of this forum) at least make this thread appear in total site so that every domainer can react to this situation now and may be once we raised all of your voices probably there may be some change in policies of godaddy / paypal

please wake up before it is too late or you caught up.........

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
escrow.com is the most secure way dor domainers

splonk

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
how did you get the domains back? did you buy them back and then do a chargeback ? teee hee :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom