Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Sedo wire payment question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have received a wire payment from SEDO…

For the Routing/ABA number, do you input Branch number + Institution number, which turns out to be a 8 digit number when combined?

Example: xxxxx-xxx (from what I read, the dash is important too)

Thanks

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
US ABA number ? It's always 9 digits I think, no hyphen.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Katherine. The US ABA numbers don't apply here because my bank and myself are based in Canada but your post made me go back and re-read what I read and the dash isn't important in electronic transfers. So thanks for makiing me go back and double check!

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have received a wire payment from SEDO…

For the Routing/ABA number, do you input Branch number + Institution number, which turns out to be a 8 digit number when combined?

Example: xxxxx-xxx (from what I read, the dash is important too)

Thanks

I don't deal with Sedo, but the routing/aba number is as you described. The dash is important.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks, but this is the part that is confusing…

As per the following, ABA numbers represent American regions only

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Routing_transit_number#ABA_Prefix_Table

And for Canadian routing info…as per http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Routing_transit_number#Canadian_transit_number

The dash between the branch number and the institution number is an integral part of the transit number. This format is only valid for paper-type transactions such as cheques.

For Electronic Fund Transactions (EFT) the current format is a leading zero, the institution number, then the branch number all with no dashes

So, is a wire considered an EFT, thus no dashes?

Sorry if this is a newbie question, but I'm just trying to avoid the payment going to payapl and me getting ripped off on fees and exchange rates.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good to know: Paypal payments from Sedo are through masspay: no fees on your end ;)

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good to know: Paypal payments from Sedo are through masspay: no fees on your end ;)

Other than their exchange rate margin, you mean.

If Spex is converting to CAD it might hurt a bit with PayPal, but if there is a bank wire, he will be paying around $10 to receive the transfer.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Personally, I keep paypal balances in USD, EUR, and a few other currencies. So I can receive payments in different currencies while avoiding conversion.
But I tend to spend the accumulated money later, I don't make a lot of withdrawals to the bank account.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Katherine is one smart cookie.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Yeah, the +0.25 point juice PayPal charges on the exchange is what I am trying to avoid, but I guess I'll just keep it on-line and use for other purchases. I just realized that most of my on-line purchases can be done via PayPal so that' swhat I'll be doing

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have troubles getting wires from sedo...it worked once and then never again with the same details. i tried using several different pieces of info but none worked. eventually i just gave up and was paid by paypal.

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it's a Cdn buyer (which it should be if it's a .ca), I would heartily recommend myid.ca/escrow
I used them for the first time this year. Was very happy.
Their escrow fee is much cheaper (which even though the buyer pays, the buyer still factors into his net), and the biggest benefit is that neither sedo nor escrow.com use Cdn $, and of course, myid does.
We did a transaction with escrow.com (3,xxx. range) and at the same range and US/Cdn value with myid.
We netted $200. more with myid for the same sale value ($160. due to exchange charges and $40. bank wire charge).
That's not insignificant.
(Plus myid did the transaction on a Saturday. Even though their Interac email limit is 2500, which means payment spread over 2 days, it's still much faster than waiting for either Sedo or Escrow.com's due diligence process, and then the wire transfer.
Because myid is also the registrar, it's wham, bam, ty)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators