Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

enom seeking an eNom reseller

This is a discussion about the domain name register/company Enom.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yi.org

Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

yi.org has been operating beneath an eNom reseller for several years. That reseller is now going out of business.

yi.org offers free dynamic DNS hosting for people beneath the "yi.org" domain; these hosts are commonly used by students learning how to set up their own hosting environment on their home systems, small non-profit or government-funded operations like community centers, police precincts, or just computer geeks wanting a static hostname for their home system so they can remote desktop/ssh in when they are abroad.

yi.org's server expenses are partially funded by offering domain registration service, and partially funded out of my own pocket. eNom has told me that unless I'm able to put down hundreds or thousands of dollars, my cost for domain registrations will go up -- and therefore I won't be able to offer as good prices to yi.org's users.... and of course if people have to pay more for their domains, they may move them elsewhere. I can't afford to sustain yi.org's services out of my own pocketbook... yi.org has been running for 10 years now and myself and the 20,000+ yi.org users really don't want to see this service die.

eNom has also told me that I may be able to find a domain reseller here that could bail us out by creating a sub-account for yi.org with them, which I could then "push" the existing domains into and maintain a competitive pricing schedule.

Is there anybody out here that can help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom