Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed Selling Online Game - MusicRivals.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain is

www.MusicRivals.com

includes www.Musicrival.com and www.Music-Rivals.com

What do you get?

-Domain Names
-Game and full rights to all code

We have collected emails of over 2000 players - the game was becoming very popular. Dan and I just couldn't run it anymore due to university time constraints. We averaged 1500+ uniques a day during the last month. The game runs on monthly cycles. It is a multiplayer music text-based online game. There is tons of code in there, and things run very smoothly.

PM me if you are interested

D

dragonhawk

I get parking pages at each of those domains... where is the actual game? Do people still play the game?

Traffic stats? revenue?

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
People do not play the game as we stopped it. We have the list of emails of every player who's signed up, so you can contact them and let them know it's back up. Many players were gutted to see the game stop - I am sure they will come running back should somebody start up again. Also - Dan will give 1 week's support while you get the game started and running smoothly. I will put traffic stats up ASAP. EDIT: Traffic Stats Rev Stats

Site gets lots of pageloads when a game is running (40,000 a day roughly), and there are good advertising opportunities to be secured. We have also been offered sponsorship - including hosting and prizes, by some keen players. This game has the scope to grow and grow. The site parked at sedo is still getting hundreds of typeins from players seeing if the game will return. We also had a nice forums going - some 200 members and 2000 posts. This is included.

D

dragonhawk

Can you also upload the game to a site somewhere so we can test the game?

elsabub

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
At the moment we're just setting it up on a server for a little private use. You'll need to contact luke for details of how to log in (its private) once we've got it set up.
You will also need to contact one of us regarding certain special features which rely on other users being present, or rely on you being good at the game!!!

eCommando

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
waiting for the game to be uploaded to a server so that we can review it.

M

mattmdesign

What kind of maintainance does it require once its up?

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please PM me once you have uploaded the game with a test login.

TheNetCode

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am interested as well. I would like to view it. Have sent you a PM.

ibleh

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Send me a pm, i am interested

impulse

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am also interested, but I need to see a demo of it.

- Eric
Bored.com

gu_webby

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm intersted too. Could you PM me with login details should you get the demo up and running.

elsabub

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maintenance required once the site is up and running is mainy based around user feedback and more often than not, social issues. This is due to the large amounts of automation we have implemented over past games.
Although you would need to reset and restart new games every month. But a basic bit of scripting could make this automatic as well - though wouldn't advise it.
Also we made MusicRivals rather expandable - you can add new musicians, new genres, new equipment, new venues - loads of stuff quite easily, and basically people DO expect online games to move forward and develop.
Generally they expect a new genre and a few other smaller thing to pop up every new game. Of course if you can do php you could also add COMPLETELY new ideas into the game - but its not really necessary.

Sometimes i spent 10minutes per weekday on maintenance, and sometimes when larger issues arise i spent 3 hours on it in a day.

Finally there are the 2 main user-feedback areas, the forums and the shoutbox. Naturally you need to moderate both as there are some nasty people out there in the world who will try to cause problems for you and ruin the family-friendly nature of the game.

lukeeales

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
PMs sent to all with access information. If I missed anyone, let me know.

SWD said:
how you try to sale a site that is not online anymore/ wtf..

We are selling a game. The value is in this just as much as the site. And it doesn't have to be online to be sellable.

D

dragonhawk

Once you have sold the script, will you be using it anywhere else again? Will you start up another game in competition?

What is involved in running the site?

How much are you expecting (approx) for the site and script?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators