Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Selling space on sites they do not own

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got an email today asking about a link exchange (which usually turn out them asking for $$$ later). They claimed, even in the email, that they were the SEO manager of a site (we'll call site.com) but something seemed odd. They claimed to have already added a link to my site from their's - with a confirmation. This is where I noticed the issue - their site is site.co (not a typo).

Every link in the page and reference to who they work for referenced site.com - even the link to their links page said site.com - just the link itself went to site.co. The links page was even designed exactly like site.com's template - with the correct page links.

I've emailed the owners of site.com to let them know about this. Site.com is a 12 year old domain and an established business, site.co is 2 months old.

"Site" is also not a generic andis trademarked so the owners of site.com may also be able to file a WIPO and/or fraud suit against the owner(s) of site.co

So when someone is offering backlinks or selling them, before you even consider it, verify everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators