Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

legal Serial Spammer From [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This is another idiot from China who emails NNNN domain holders for the entire 0000 - 9999 range.

[email protected]

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not a serial spammer. Just sending out unsolicited sales proposals. :D

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
By that I mean that they aren't just emailing a bunch of people, but instead blindly sending spam inquiries to the full range of numeric domains. It's like going door to door on a street and soliciting Jehova's witness.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know what ya meant. :D

If they used TBS or something to reworded it slightly for all emails (10,000 variants), signing them differently, etc. it's hard to claim that it's "spam" though since you can send mass unsolicited sales proposals... or how else would business be conducted? To get contracts you can go off an RFP or send in your package by; that thing called snail mail(?), unsolicited. :p

Good to add @bnfxl.com to a filter though... unless they're serious about buying, throwing out worthwhile numbers and you're wanting to sell. So it could swing both ways. :confused:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
He's not the only one, unfortunately. It's like a new sport among Chinese number-hungry spammers, this is another one I just received:

Hello, [****].net domain name minimum number money? I will sincerely consider!Look forward to your reply.

All these are parked domains that they can easily make an offer on, but instead they email in order to ping the contact as well.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe you can setup some kind of auto-reply to look for phrase of "how much?" / type of domain and such then spit out a random figure as a reply (but not a solid sales figure until you get a reply back stating yes or no, whereupon you can review what you spat out), trying to cross-sell other names as well. Could work. Lots of development...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
David, that's a good idea. In fact, I think I need to up it a notch or two. Just received a new barrage of emails, from the same serial spammer, and the email comes from [email protected]

To recap: He sends the same email to everyone with 0000-9999 numbers, per below:

Hello,my friend, Your domain 【domain】 is for sale? What's the price? I wish you all the best. Thanks!

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If same format, just auto-reply @bnfxl.com with "It could be yours at $XXXX. I also could provide you with NNNN.com, NNNN.com, NNNN.com and NNNN.com for $XXXX each or $XXXXX as a package if you act within the next 24 hours." (since you have a vague figure on what you would accept for an NNNN and is it really a contractual agreement to sell anyway if he spams you and you auto-reply him back?)

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They bulk email all the NNN.com, LL.com, and LLL.com registrants too. They very rarely change their pitches, so it's easy to detect and delete them. One guy always writes:

"Very buy the sincerity of your domain..."

which is a poor English translation of something, presumably. You'd think that if they were successfully, they'd at least improve the language in the English scripts they're using to contact registrants.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I've quite a few numeric domains and this type of communication is annoying. It also makes it harder to take a buyer seriously - and there are some 'healthy' buyers from China, as one of my recent sales showed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators