Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Serious income with sedo domain parking

Status
Not open for further replies.

zarul shahrin

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Is anyone here making serious income with Sedo domain parking?

Domain Summit 2024

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice oxymoron :lol:
Seriously it helps paying for renewals.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice oxymoron :lol:
Seriously it helps paying for renewals.

I've actually have 1 or 2 domains do better with Sedo than with Parked and other companies. Sure, that's about 1% of my portfolio but still, it is possible.

But - if someone has a domain that can make a killing parked, usually they find (much) better alternatives for parking or straight out revenue (development).

cleverlyslick

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
parking doesn't make that much anymore.i average a few clicks a day on sedo with some of my domains and make an average of like .10 cents lol. but hey,money is money.

My opinion is that the general public finds parking annoying(i've actually asked people in facebook and outside and majority don't like it).

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Parking is dead.
Is not 2003/2004 anymore.

dodo1

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is no point in discussing parking revenues. They're down everywhere. Leave your domains parked while you're not doing anything else with them, but don't expect parking to make you rich.

With domain registration fees up and parking revenues down it's getting increasingly difficult to earn the annual reg fees with domain parking. I don't really like the mini-site approach, either, because -- if you're honest -- you must admit that 99% of those sites are crap and don't provide any real value to their visitors.

It's often better to just forward domains to for sale listings or other developed websites you may have. Ultimately, maybe it's a good thing that domain parking is slowly dying. It will force domain owners to do something better with their portfolios, provide more valuable content to those who visit their domains and maybe that will then put an end to the many cybersquatter discussions. This is the chance for domainers to evolve from "parkers" and pure resellers to end users.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have seen steady declines across the board ion PPC, there is no company paying that well now. So no point moving from one to the other.

The industry has changed and now the only way to make serious money if to wait or go after the right offer for a domain.

-=DCG=-

mark

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agree that parking revenues down for most, if not all PPC companies. Sedo's strength now is in handling your escrow/domain transfer on domain sales.

pergamon

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
if you have good domains with good keywords, you still can

i still receive regular 5-7 EUR clicks at SEDO

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There is still plenty to be made from Parking, you need to know how and where, take into consideration new PPC regulations and sectors, PPC agencies are losing big business to companies who are taking their business inhouse to cut costs, which usually leads to a good 6 month of mistakes like inclusion in the content and search partner network because they have no tracking on their conversion to split these out. I've seen this happen too often.

Gambling has recently opened on the search partners network and some parking sites have opened to this, signing a specific contract with google, noone in the sector is complaining, alcohole has been slow to open this up, but it's another big one for the future, i've personally had budgets signed off in the region of £200,000 per month for branding purposes alone of a mid size alcohole firm, just for search. I run 3 of the biggest gambling names on the net, each spend upwards of £250,000 per month on google adwords alone.

Another thing to keep an eye on is the synergy of offline and online, agencies are always trying to use this to make extra revenue of clients, there is plenty of truth to this also (the synergy), when press ads (in magazines, newspapers) are published, they often use a subdomain, or a domain with extension, these are all now a thing of the past, companies have now woken up to the need to using specific domains for offline ads and even splitting those by channels, tv, press, radio and outdoor (posters), ive personally had clients making offers on .tv and .net names of their brands or sub brands upwards of £50,000. One thing to keep an eye on is keywords in tv advertisements, if a big brand constantly uses it, you can make sure it will generate traffic in google, building a quick seo friendly site helps you utilise it quickly and within a month your in profit!

The problem with domain parking is it only includes text ads, its time to move it on to use all methods of advertisement, display ads (not popups) are required in domain parking imo, at least the option of embed them in your parked page to make extra revenue of them.

just my 2 pence.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There is still plenty to be made from Parking, you need to know how and where, take into consideration new PPC regulations and sectors, PPC agencies are losing big business to companies who are taking their business inhouse to cut costs, which usually leads to a good 6 month of mistakes like inclusion in the content and search partner network because they have no tracking on their conversion to split these out. I've seen this happen too often.

Gambling has recently opened on the search partners network and some parking sites have opened to this, signing a specific contract with google, noone in the sector is complaining, alcohole has been slow to open this up, but it's another big one for the future, i've personally had budgets signed off in the region of £200,000 per month for branding purposes alone of a mid size alcohole firm, just for search. I run 3 of the biggest gambling names on the net, each spend upwards of £250,000 per month on google adwords alone.

Another thing to keep an eye on is the synergy of offline and online, agencies are always trying to use this to make extra revenue of clients, there is plenty of truth to this also (the synergy), when press ads (in magazines, newspapers) are published, they often use a subdomain, or a domain with extension, these are all now a thing of the past, companies have now woken up to the need to using specific domains for offline ads and even splitting those by channels, tv, press, radio and outdoor (posters), ive personally had clients making offers on .tv and .net names of their brands or sub brands upwards of £50,000. One thing to keep an eye on is keywords in tv advertisements, if a big brand constantly uses it, you can make sure it will generate traffic in google, building a quick seo friendly site helps you utilise it quickly and within a month your in profit!

The problem with domain parking is it only includes text ads, its time to move it on to use all methods of advertisement, display ads (not popups) are required in domain parking imo, at least the option of embed them in your parked page to make extra revenue of them.

just my 2 pence.

i think that post was worth much more than "2 pence"

parking is not dead, but it was in critical condition

i think now the prognosis is "condition stabilized"

though not in the same condition prior to cardiac arrest

still, there are signs of a recovery, every now and then

:)

Pat Quinn

Level 3
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
$X,XXX a month. I am surviving. Almost 50% decrease though before the crash... and sedo removed the subsidy clicks they were giving, hitting me a bit :(

Care to share the (ballpark) total number of domains required to pull in that much? Is the bulk coming from just a few names, or spread out?

Thanks in advance.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why are parking payouts declining?

For me, parking is just what I do with domains I think have re-sell value or that I haven't got around to using, so it's a negligible part of my income.

But when you think about it, isn't online advertising growing or steady? Shouldn't the same reasons for domain sales (which haven't been too bad for this year) be keeping ppc at the same levels?

The reasons could be a squeeze at the top of the food chain (G or Y), a squeeze from parking companies, or less traffic/clicks.

Nobody seems to know the exact reason, but if anything ppc should be steady or rising when you look at internet and advertising growth.

csitenet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Big domainers with "quality" traffic can do deals with agencies for a direct PPC relationship with SEM agencies. Agencies have the capability to target those domains via placement targetting. it's a win win situation for everyone, You, the Agency and the Client and cuts out the middle mean being parked, sedo etc.

chillking

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My revenue has also dropped so if i want to keep my names i'm forced to develop or have more sales i have just over 2,000 names and i would be happy just to get my renewals paid for. But i been lucky lately i had a few good sales . I think most domainers with big domain profiles now will be forced to develop if they want to keep them things are getting harder .

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators