Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Should DomainSage be booted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm putting this to a vote. Should DomainSage be booted from DNForum.com?

You can read this thread to help you with the decision http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17854

Make sure you read my first post that details the more serious infraction.

I want to also point out that since this was brought to light, DomainSage has signed up for an additional account. That account along with his other extra accounts have been deleted.

Upvote 0
A

Alberti

Hello,
I am new the form but I believe in second chances. I am not aware of all the activities about this users so maybe there is some good reason to ban him, but in general I believe in second chances.

Originally posted by Duke of Earl

Not any more. GregR has instituted an ID screening process for all new members. You can no longer just sign up for the forum under a new ID. Shysters and psychotics will have to find somewhere else to play now and I am happy to see it.

Also I read this statement, and I am pretty sure that one could cirumvent this. I just recently signed up for an account (today), and there were very few questions asked of me, I believe that using the proper measures it would not be difficult to open up an account for malicious purposes IMHO.

Domain Summit 2024

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Alberti
Hello,
I am new the form

Welcome to the forum Alberti. Don't worry, there's only a couple knuckleheads every once in awhile. DNForum is the most professional place for domainers to meet on the Internet. Enjoy!

M

mole

New security system!

Let me try my new freedom.net proxy and spamex disposable email and let you guys know whether I slip through. :D

M

mole

Neat! Even with proxy ip on.

Our records show that you have already registered at this board under the name of mole. If you have lost your password, click here. If you would like to modify your profile, click here.

D

dgbtech

I'd be willing to place a wager that I could sneak sucessfully throuhg the system, and open another account, from this same computer in less than 3days. Any Takers?

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
If Greg says it's OK ... and I think he's looking for test subjects ... I'll give you 50 'DNF Bucks if you're successful. That will give you an even 100 DNF! :)
Again, check with Greg first ... that is the condition! Also, within '24 hours, not 3 days. LOL.
Good Luck, please let me know.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dgbtech
I'd be willing to place a wager that I could sneak sucessfully throuhg the system, and open another account, from this same computer in less than 3days. Any Takers?

How much you want to wager? :D

peter

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
does hacking another computer from this computer and regging that way count?

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
So long, DomainSage ... the membership HAS spoken!!

D

dgbtech

Originally posted by CoolHost
If Greg says it's OK ... and I think he's looking for test subjects ... I'll give you 50 'DNF Bucks if you're successful. That will give you an even 100 DNF! :)
Again, check with Greg first ... that is the condition! Also, within '24 hours, not 3 days. LOL.
Good Luck, please let me know.

Ok, In 24 hours, i will show you that i have created a sepeate account. Thats around 1:00pm, tomorow. Im sure you'll be very suprised when i show you the account.

D

dgbtech

Originally posted by gregr

How much you want to wager? :D

I dunno, im willing to make it intresting. I only have 50dnf, but i noticed on the DNF$ Index a DN Buck is going for .012, so how bout $20US if i can't provide proof of another account, and (20/.012) 1666 dn bucks if I can.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

I dunno, im willing to make it intresting. I only have 50dnf, but i noticed on the DNF$ Index a DN Buck is going for .012, so how bout $20US if i can't provide proof of another account, and (20/.012) 1666 dn bucks if I can.

Unless you already signed up for a second account, you would be hard pressed to get one now. I don't want to take your money. :)

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

1) What is the purpose of such a statement? Is it a threat?

2) Why would you want to try in the first place?

3) Assuming you have a good answer for #2 - why would you want to advertise your attempt?

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ok, In 24 hours, i will show you that i have created a sepeate account. Thats around 1:00pm, tomorow. Im sure you'll be very suprised when i show you the account.

Ok. 'Course, I get YOUR 50 DNF Bucks if you can't ... and yes, this must be a newly-created account, on the same computer/line.
Your 24 hours starts now ... so I'll check in at this time tom'w p.m. EST.
Good Luck! :)

D

dgbtech

Unless you already signed up for a second account, you would be hard pressed to get one now. I don't want to take your money. :)

Don't worry I noticed your delay on registration. So bascially if you want in on the bet, you'll have 24hr's to figure out which recently created account (last 5days), is the rogue account. Either way I plan on deleting the account, but I think this would be a good test of wether or not you can sucesfully track down these kinds of accounts. so if u want i'm still intrested in the bet.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Don't worry I noticed your delay on registration. So bascially if you want in on the bet, you'll have 24hr's to figure out which recently created account (last 5days), is the rogue account. Either way I plan on deleting the account, but I think this would be a good test of wether or not you can sucesfully track down these kinds of accounts. so if u want i'm still intrested in the bet.

Well you're stuck with that other account you created in the last 5 days because this one is about to be deleted.

Prior even looking at any of your posts, I banned you from the auctions because of your email address contains ziplip.com, the same as DomainSage.

A

Alberti

Well you're stuck with that other account you created in the last 5 days because this one is about to be deleted.

Prior even looking at any of your posts, I banned you from the auctions because of your email address contains ziplip.com, the same as DomainSage.

Well I assure you this is not domainsage. You can look at my true IP, the one i am using now, and i am sure it will not match domainsages. Also, if you look back and follow the course of this thread this will make a lot more sense now.

First i posted that one could create another account.

Than i had 2 members tell me that it would not be possible.

I took this as a personal challenge, turned on my proxy server, and ajusted my settings. And low and behold under 24hrs later this account was created.

Than i posted with the account to verify evrything was working well.

I than posted the challenge.

And now I am claiming victory by showing you my username.

I guess if coolhost makes good on the 50dnf it'll take me back to where i was at the begining.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Damn! Greg, I had no idea! Please note that I asked the 'dude to check in with you first (on the bet). Had I known it was possible that he was even remotely associated with Domainsage, I would have just put him on ignore.
Please don't give me the "axe" ... for being naive! :)
Thanks.

A

Alberti

BTW. I also made sure it was ok to create the account before I came clean. If you had said that I could not make the wagger I would ahve simply deleted the account.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom