Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Should DomainSage be booted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm putting this to a vote. Should DomainSage be booted from DNForum.com?

You can read this thread to help you with the decision http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17854

Make sure you read my first post that details the more serious infraction.

I want to also point out that since this was brought to light, DomainSage has signed up for an additional account. That account along with his other extra accounts have been deleted.

Upvote 0

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Considering his first defense of himself on the other thread, I would lean towards booting him. But I am really on the fence. I would like to hear from DS himself about the crimes he has been accused of. If he can make a good case that he erred and is truly sorry, I would be charitable toward him and give him one more chance. Maybe some sort of probationary period is in order.

If not, then off with his head. He may be beyond the point of credibility anyway.

Domain Summit 2024

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Allow me! LOL. I have read the posted thread, and am pretty familiar with the 'saga. The recent additional account is pretty disturbing, too. However, I'm going to vote "No" (not to ban him .... YET) because I think Greg has done a marvelous job recently of "tightening up the ship" and purging inactive accounts, etc! Also, as I understand it now, new memberships go through more of a "qualification" process. Thirdly, the membership here has EVOLVED here pretty darn well, and I think we POLICE OURSELVES in really good, effective fashion ... we are much more AWARE.
Finally, I do believe in "second chances" ... if DomainSage can conduct himself in a professional, :cool: manner from this day forward, I think we should be confident enough in ourselves to trust him, once again. A "second chance" ... NOT a "third" or "fourth"!! :)
My two 'DNF Bucks worth.
Take care.

Drewbert

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Ban him for the shill bidding. Not for the other problem, which would need to be fixed by re-running the auction.

D

dgbtech

I know I don't have the same number of posts as the rest of you, but I have also read over the domainsage saga, and I think its actually quite ammusing. I think he was pretty fairly punished, he ended making good on the auction and he managed to amuse us w/ his antics (well at least me). Also, he's not a very good scammer, clearly his attempts at shill bidding were horrible, and so far has not been able to sucesfully pull a fast one on anybody. I don't know, those are just my 2cents. I think the forum needs a little bit of comedy, I especially liked the part about offering gregr 1k for dnforum (was rofl).

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I fail to see the humor in refusing to honor your word until you are drug through the streets by an angry mob, and outright dishonesty in shill bidding. Those are not qualities this forum is going to benefit from in any way, shape or form. Let him practice his "specialties" somewhere else where people appreciate his unique brand of humor.

D

dgbtech

Originally posted by Duke of Earl
I fail to see the humor in refusing to honor your word until you are drug through the streets by an angry mob,

I guess I have a funny sense of humor. The point i was primarly tryign to make is that he has so far, to my knowledge, has been unable to scam or ripoff anyone, just some failed attempts. And he has been punished for his wrong doings and had the system in place has set evrything straight.

Another point I did not make earlier is that atleast as DomainSage and his other known names you can easily identify him and you know to proceed with caution, if you were to ban him he could simply connect via a proxy server, masking his identity, and pop up as a new user with a clean record.

P.S. I don't think it was really what he did that was humorous I think the being "drug through the streets by an angry mob" was the amusing part.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dgbtech
Another point I did not make earlier is that atleast as DomainSage and his other known names you can easily identify him and you know to proceed with caution, if you were to ban him he could simply connect via a proxy server, masking his identity, and pop up as a new user with a clean record.

Not any more. GregR has instituted an ID screening process for all new members. You can no longer just sign up for the forum under a new ID. Shysters and psychotics will have to find somewhere else to play now and I am happy to see it.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we all felt powerless during the Afternic days. This sort of crap went on daily and we could do nothing about it.

Those days are over. :)

Ciqala

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Could this just be domainsages first step on the long road it takes to become a mod???? :eek:

no, I don't think so :laugh:

D

dgbtech

Hello,

I would be intrested in knowing how this "screening process would work" and how you could be positive that someone is not re registering. I have been a part of running forms, servers and ftp's before and I know this is almost impossible. All one has to do is change their technical and contact info, and use a anon proxy server to mask their true IP adress and than they are able to sign up again. If you have come up with a method of stopping this I would be very intrested in hearing it.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dgbtech
Hello,

I would be intrested in knowing how this "screening process would work" and how you could be positive that someone is not re registering. I have been a part of running forms, servers and ftp's before and I know this is almost impossible. All one has to do is change their technical and contact info, and use a anon proxy server to mask their true IP adress and than they are able to sign up again. If you have come up with a method of stopping this I would be very intrested in hearing it.

Have Greg delete your ID and then try to get back in, then you'll know first hand :)

I saw a guy complaining on another forum today because he applied here and was having to wait to be accepted while his identity was being checked. Petty criminals like soft targets. They won't find one here anymore.

D

dgbtech

Originally posted by Duke of Earl

Have Greg delete your ID and then try to get back in, then you'll know first hand :)

I saw a guy complaining on another forum today because he applied here and was having to wait to be accepted while his identity was being checked. Petty criminals like soft targets. They won't find one here anymore.

I'd rather not. I'll just take your word on it.

K

kingdon

I agree with Duke, get rid of this guy. Who wants to deal with this crap when buying or selling a domain. I can't stand deadbeats! This guy does nothing but add grief to the forum, so there's really no question if this guy should be booted.

Since the house is being cleaned, lets flush the toilet on shill bidders and deadbeats, no second chance to lie, cheat or scam, just FLUSH! As far as being humorous, I prefer the wit of intelligence over watching an idiot being caught trying to scam another member.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Statistically I don't think DomainSage can overcome this wide margin unless someone comes up with a compelling argument.

adoptabledomains

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We (sellers) are all the cowboys in the wild west of domain names. It's bad enough a lot of people don't know the difference between a "domain speculator" or "domain investor" from a cybersquatter. Maintaining a good trustworthy reputation in the domain trade is difficult enough without one outlaw dragging the whole forum down as a hangout for sham artists. One of the things I've been most impressed about here is the general honesty and trustworthiness of the traders here. I'd hate to see that changed for the worse. Therefore, I think a good public flogging of any dishonesty is due on first finding and banning warranted multiple counts are found.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by adoptabledomains
We (sellers) are all the cowboys in the wild west of domain names. It's bad enough a lot of people don't know the difference between a "domain speculator" or "domain investor" from a cybersquatter. Maintaining a good trustworthy reputation in the domain trade is difficult enough without one outlaw dragging the whole forum down as a hangout for sham artists. One of the things I've been most impressed about here is the general honesty and trustworthiness of the traders here. I'd hate to see that changed for the worse. Therefore, I think a good public flogging of any dishonesty is due on first finding and banning warranted multiple counts are found.

So ... is that a "Yes", or a "No" (poll), Adopt?? Thank you for your patience, I'm both illiterate and overweight. LOL.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom