• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

closed should I let this .com one drop

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 13, 2003
Messages
1,517
Reaction score
17
influenzae.com

has more than 1,600,000 results in google and some OVT too

it was getting little traffic with no revenue but last month the traffic jumped alittle and made around one dollar from parking


does it worth holding ?
 
Unless someone has a very compelling argument, I'd let it drop.
 
I think if a domain gets traffic its worth keeping. Also you said it made $1 last month. If it averages that over the year it more than pays for the reg fee
 
greggish said:
I think if a domain gets traffic its worth keeping. Also you said it made $1 last month. If it averages that over the year it more than pays for the reg fee
exactly.
If the domain PPC earnings are over the reg fee, I see no reason to let it drop.
 
byt it isnt, just had a spike in traffic for one month
 
The overture results are misleading in my opinion.

influenzae is a latin term, I believe, and pretty much only used with the word ' haemophilus'.

I would probably not therefore take the overture results into account.

It is pretty much the same argument for the google results.

Other extensions registered, only .info?

I would say the traffic is about the only factor to base your decision on.

If you think that the traffic could earn you registration fee during the next month (based on whatever trends you see), or maybe even half of the registration fee in the next 12 months, maybe renew it.

Otherwise I would be tempted to let it lapse.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom