Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Should you direct all domains over to company site, or landing page.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainHull

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about redirecting all my domains (only about 50) over to one static page. On this page I would indicate that the name may be for sale or under construction. I would also include a simple directory of all the domain names I have. I would make this site look like a professional e-commerce site.

Is this a good idea? Or should I redirect my domains over to specific landing pages? If so what are the best landing pages to use?

As you may be able to tell, I'm just getting started in this industry. I would appreciate any feedback/opinions.

Cheers

JamesBooth

www.BQDN.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I currently use Landing pages but I am currently developing my own personal site (BoothDomains.)

I am not sure which is better but there is no harm in trying different methods.

If you use Landing pages I would recommend DNS. :)

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you do a redirect, I would suggest doing a 302 or 307 (see http://moz.com/learn/seo/redirection for explanation) redirect to a landing page as I believe a 301 would make it difficult for the new owner to get it ranked initially as 301 is permanent (not an SEO expert on that subject and couldn't find any material on it though).

Though, I would personally setup a new account for each domain and have an index.php (can be any name like xyz.php) page in the top directory of your reseller/user account that the root URL includes (so when you update the 1 index.php/xyz.php as it's included in the domains index.php, all pages update to reflect... you can also find out what website they're on and display that as well with the top level index.php/xyz.php file). This is because if I decided to develop them to earn passive income in the future, I could simply just modify the ThisIsTheDomainName.com's account with a 1-click Wordpress blog and it's a website without extra work in the end.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about redirecting all my domains (only about 50) over to one static page. On this page I would indicate that the name may be for sale or under construction. I would also include a simple directory of all the domain names I have. I would make this site look like a professional e-commerce site.

Is this a good idea? Or should I redirect my domains over to specific landing pages? If so what are the best landing pages to use?

As you may be able to tell, I'm just getting started in this industry. I would appreciate any feedback/opinions.

Cheers

Hi

another member recently posted a question, that i think is quite relevant to yours.

http://www.dnforum.com/f31/best-sale-landing-pages-thread-507919.html

after reading, you can post follow up there or here...if you want.

imo...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators