Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld Sibername Terrible Auction Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianccc

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sibername – open-system bidding

I for one am totally against this type of bidding – Now bidders do not have to worry about their bid on Wednesday – just cherry-pick the RE-bid on Thursday

At the end of Wednesdays CIRA Auction – Sibername won a domain that I bid $50 on, the only other bid was for $35 so at the close on Wednesday I was HIGH-bidder – So the advantage is now with the LOW-bidder or any OTHER bidder to cherry-pick, There was a bid on Tuesday for $51 – so Sibername made an extra dollar $1 and lost a customer

Congratulations Eugene on you $1 you da man

E-Mail to Sibername
I will not be participating in your auctions and will continue on my systematic process of transferring domains out to another registrar at renewal time

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I stopped using their TBR as well for much the same reasons!

nametrader

Now showing : .info
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It hurts :) for sure, I have bid first on 4 names on jan 9th TBR and at the last minute(yes exactly in last few seconds) somebody bid a dollar high than me on 3 domains, I lost them and left with 1 domain that is not so good, I won it Woohooo.....

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I posted this in another thread here a couple of weeks ago..

"I think what we have to remember here is that these names already belong to Sibername and it is their auction...if they are not happy with the offers made they can control the sale price with their own bidding...
I am not saying that is what is happening, just that it is possible."

I used to be agitated about it but my take now is that it is simply a marketplace...I bid on a name within the parameters of their rules...which clearly state that it runs until Thursday at 11am PST....
The bottom line is that by Wednesday afternoon Siber owns the names that are still listed anyway...if we don't buy them they keep them. I just bid what I want on a name I want and if I get it, cool....if not...they keep it..

j

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It may be their auction and their domains, but we are their only customers.

The old process which aside from the last second bids, worked fine for both parties. Maybe they should go back to the old system but take 15 minutes off the end time and use that for the last minute bidding extensions. Just a thought.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I hear you Roy...I guess all I am saying is I am aware of the rules they set out and if there is something I want I go for....if not I just move on. I just look at it as a Make Offer sale...
I don't mind the 3 minute extension, if a higher offer comes in, system they use. I have never been a fan of snipe auctions...as a buyer or seller.

They make the names available... I am going to pay a certain amount for a name and if someone else pays more they get it...

It does suck sometimes though....Maybe they shouldn't call it an auction anymore...I don't know..

mbulent

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My Reply to IANCCC by email:

Dear Ianccc;

I have read your comment on the DNForum and very sad to hear your
feedback there, rather then first directed to us;

As a long time customer, we would be happy if you have chosen the path of consulting with us rather than publicizing your feedback to DNFORUM as
the first place.

We are sorry to hear you wont be using and transferring all domains to
another registrar.

We have built the new system based on the feedbacks we have received
from the TBR users. We would be happy to review the new system if this is not the way it should work for your and the other TBR clients interest.

Only problem I am seeing with the new system is the fact that the
registrants can bid on the domains they did not bid before the
Wednesday Deadline.

We have already received a feedback on that and started the change
process.

If we do not know what you think, we can not correct and this would be
a lose lose situation.

We would be happy if you list the things you would like to see to
start using our system back and we would be more than happy to change
the system if this is in the best interest of our TBR users like your
self.

If also you know us, we wouldn't like to lose a customer over $1.

I will also be sending this answer to the DNFORUM

Anybody who has idea of improvement, please try letting us know first.

By turning your back to us you also decrease your chance of getting the
domain name. We will continue to get the good domains.

I would suggest reviewing your decision and let us know how we can
correct the problems caused by the new system.

Bulent Turkoglu

http://www.sibername.com

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the message Bulent - what's happened or is happening with the premium auctions?

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
My Reply to IANCCC by email:

Dear Ianccc;

Only problem I am seeing with the new system is the fact that the
registrants can bid on the domains they did not bid before the
Wednesday Deadline.

We have already received a feedback on that and started the change
process.

By turning your back to us you also decrease your chance of getting the
domain name. We will continue to get the good domains.

I would suggest reviewing your decision and let us know how we can
correct the problems caused by the new system.

Bulent Turkoglu

Bulent,

Thanks for taking the time to respond in the forum.

I'm not a big $$$$ bidder but for smaller domains I won't even submit a bid with the current system. Mostly because you are so good at getting names!!!

Can you see the logic?

If I bid at other services with their current systems (Pool, Baremetal, Namespro etc) I know two things. One; I will have the top bid or two; the auction will be closed to any new bidders so if I find a good name I have a better chance of getting it.

So if I currently submit a bid at Sibername because you have such a good TBR system you might get the name and therefore I'll be up against way more bidders in most situations. Hey right now I'll log into Sibername and see whats available. I'll likely benefit from other domainers research.

I think most domainers would not mind the closed auction system (like Pool or Baremetal when domains go over $200). If you submit a bid you're in. You could even adapt something like Baremetal so that only domains over a certain value ($50?) go to auction if that helps your internal admin concerns.

I'm pretty sure most TBR fans would prefer some sort of closed auction process.

Thanks
db

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the post Bulent...

As a buyer I would always prefer to have less potential buyers in on the process so if that is what you are going to do...I am all for it....

As a seller...I want as many prospective buyers as possible...

I have "lost" many possible names at SN because of last minute bidders entering the fray....ticks me off but life goes on...

Put your claims/bids/offers at as many places as you can and hold your breath.....:)

Keep in mind also, that by the time you are bidding on names Thursday, Sibername owns any of the names that are on the list....it is an open marketplace at that time.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bulent:

Here is a copy of an email I just sent you. I'm posting it here because I believe this auction situation needs to be cleaned up.

1/You could have simply changed the bidding terms by re-writing the bid page. This would have taken someone maybe 2 minutes.
2/you could have blocked the bidding on thurs for names that only had one bid.

Because you didn't and we lost domains again this week I'm demanding you award the domains to us and overturn the Jan 31-08 auction results.

Email:

Bulent:

Pursuant to the terms of the auction which are clearly posted on your site
stating a bidder must bid by wed 2pm to be able to further bid on the
domains we require the following domains be awarded to us as we were the
only bidder by the wed deadline. Once again Sibername improperly allowed
bidding on these domains on Thurs.

frozenmeals.ca
moviecamera.ca
franchised.ca
foodchart.ca

All of these domains were at $15 by Wed 2pm and we expect them to be awarded
for that price.

regards

Gordon

----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2008 4:24 PM
Subject: {33-164914} RE: Re: mideast.ca - you have been outbid

>
>
>
>
> Dear Gordon,
>
> Thank you for using the support e-mail address which is the the best way
> of getting support from Sibername.
>
> You are right and we will make improvements as soon as possible;
>
>
>
> Please do not hesitate to reply to this ticket if you have more questions
> or problems;
>
> Best Regards;
>
> Mike

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My apologies Ian if having an opinion is "crawling further up Sibernames butt"

I have been also been very vocal in various threads about not liking it...I just don't sweat it anymore...
http://www.dnforum.com/f510/sibername-premium-domian-auction-3-thread-265659.html

Probably best I just stay out of your threads if I can't say what I think...

My apologies..

Also...I was the one who sent an email to SN support to suggest that they get an account here to deal with issues that were being posted...which they then did...
That is my only link to them being here...just for thre record:)

Come on Jaydub
I have "lost" many possible names at SN because of last minute bidders entering the fray....ticks me off but life goes on...

this is business, bad process so we complain - go so see if you can crawl further up Sibernames butt

mbulent

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear db;

I see the logic :)

- We will implement the code missing and the system will function as you suggest. So, you cant see the domains in your list if you haven't placed a bid by Wednesdays deadline.

- Taking only the domains worth more than $50 to the auction. is also a great idea and we add it to the feature list to implement in near future.

Thanks very much

------

Gordon,

We will do if we can. Please check your email for our answer tomorrow.

The rule we were missing and supposed to be there will be implemented next Wednesday.

Please check yor email for our answer to your question. I have already answered last week after getting your complaint. I can send again, but please send the request to our support email address rather than here

Whitebark:

Thanks for asking the premium domains auction.

It is on hold until the next party of domains we can receive and we can value as premium.

No much interest so far unfortunately;

Bulent

Ian,

Thanks again for raising these concerns so we are well aware of the problems now;

We will send an email to all our registrants with the updates

Bulent

Jaydub,

Thanks for your invitation here. Sorry to see you have been attacked for your thoughts.

Bulent

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think its great that Bulent has taken the time to respond to everyones concerns.

It looks like Sibername is making some changes and I suggest everyone concerned submit some more wishes.

I

impactadmin

Ok, to further add to the process, I was the one that grabbed the 4 names above.

frozenmeals.ca
moviecamera.ca
franchised.ca
foodchart.ca

But I was in the original bidding of them.

-=DCG=-

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok, to further add to the process, I was the one that grabbed the 4 names above.

frozenmeals.ca
moviecamera.ca
franchised.ca
foodchart.ca

But I was in the original bidding of them.

-=DCG=-

Sorry you weren't. The original bids closed wed @ 2pm and there was no bid from you. Your bids went through on thurs around 6am-10am. They closed the wed deadline at $15 which meant there are no other bids.

Frozenmeals.ca Thurs jan 31 6:42 am
MovieCamera.ca Thurs jan 31 10:12 am
Franchised.ca Thurs jan 31 10:12 am
FoodChart.ca Thurs jan 31 10:15 am

I've sent you a PM with a mutual solution. I don't want to have to get Bulent, yourself and us into a p*ssing match over this.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
- We will implement the code missing and the system will function as you suggest. So, you cant see the domains in your list if you haven't placed a bid by Wednesdays deadline.

- Taking only the domains worth more than $50 to the auction. is also a great idea and we add it to the feature list to implement in near future.

Have these rules been implemented in the system for this Wednesday's drop?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Have these rules been implemented in the system for this Wednesday's drop?

Something has been changed - you can't see any other domains with bids on them. Nor can you see what amount you have bid on any of your own back orders. Hard to tell if you are the leading bidder or not!

Bulent - premium auction coming back next week?

mbulent

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi;

Upon receiving feedback from our valuable TBR clients, we have made some changes to our TBR auction system.

Here are the changes:

- You will not be asked for the bid amount for the domain name until we successfully register the domain name

- Only the parties showing interest before Wednesday 02:00 PM deadline will be able to bid on a particular domain name.

- In order to show interest, you will simply be asked to agree on $15 charge in case you are the only party showing interest and you will be informed that the domain names with more than 1 interest will be auctioned.

- We plan to push the Auction deadline to Friday 02:00 PM rather than the current deadline of Thursday.

- We will also start auctioning customer domain names. We will ease the restrictions on the domains to be listed.

- All auctions will have the deadline of the last week of the month. So we will run 1 auction per month. Please feel free to send your domains to [email protected] with the reserved and starting bid amount.

We thank you very much for your valuable feedbacks and expect to see them more to make the system the best for your and our interest.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom