Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld Sibername Terrible Auction Process

Status
Not open for further replies.

thebutler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Its 10:00pm on wednesday evening. Has anyone been able to figure out what auctions they are in?

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bulent can you please expand on the following:

"All auctions will have the deadline of the last week of the month. So we will run 1 auction per month."

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks Roy, I also was looking for clarification on that note.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Bulent can you please expand on the following:

"All auctions will have the deadline of the last week of the month. So we will run 1 auction per month."

I believe he means the premium auction only. I told them they need a 3-4 week run-up to advertise the auctions and give us a chance to raise $$$$ when necessary.

Plus they are going to drop the bar a bit on the quality. Hopefully not as low as it used to be.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up DW :D

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I believe he means the premium auction only. I told them they need a 3-4 week run-up to advertise the auctions and give us a chance to raise $$$$ when necessary.

Plus they are going to drop the bar a bit on the quality. Hopefully not as low as it used to be.

I'm sure he means the premium auction and your explanation seems to explain what is missing from his. And I don't mind there being more domains of varying quality. One man's junk is another's treasure- within reason of course! :eek:k:

Still curious about the deadlines for submitting domains.

The run-up is a good idea btw. It ensures more sets of eyes on the domains for the seller.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
varying quality.

The run-up is a good idea btw. It ensures more sets of eyes on the domains for the seller.

Varying quality:?::?::?:

Let's face it 99% junk.

The run up will only work if there is some real marketing behind it. I don't mean to insult sibername or any of the others but there doesn't seem to be anyone with any serious marketing smarts among them.

Which is leading me to think hmmmm......

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I put a backorder in today and see some changes have been made. Once placed you can't see it under the 'my backorders' list - obviously something they must fix - I think I backordered the same domain twice. Nor does it tell you if you are the only bidder or not. You also can't see any already ordered domains by other people.

"By selecting the domain name, you agree to pay the minimum $15 CAD for the domain name in case you are the only person showing interest. If more than one party shows interest, the domain will be placed on our auction system and highest bidder will have the right to register the domain name."

Domains with more than one backorder go to auction - but with whom? Everyone or just those that placed orders? Reading through the policies it doesn't specify.

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just a suggestion for when the premium auctions come back - I'm not sure how it was set before, but it would be a good idea if the page of names is viewable to all, not just to those who have logged in, in order to increase exposure beyond the usual tbr participants...

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
got an email from sibername today about TBR ending at 2pm. the way it was worded made it sound like I had some of my own domains in the auction, but I haven't submitted or bid on anything this week. is the private auction running yet?

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Got the same notice... thought I missed out on names I had bid on last week and just forgot about. Went to Siber's backorder page and it shows:

"Auction ends at 02:00 PM EST (14:00) Tuesday

Your account will list only the domains we have successfully received and
you have placed a bid before the Wednesday CIRA release at 02:00 PM EST."

A little confusing... is this a glitch or have they extended previous weeks' auctions to the day before the next drop?

DN BROKER

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I had 16 bids on .ca domains, and not one notice to what happend at the end of auction? Im confused, i just signed in and none of the bids are in history.. not one single domain is recorded in my account... im not using there service again...

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I got an email today saying the auction was closing at 2pm today instead of wed.

I ordered the domains and as someone pointed out they don't show in my backorder list. So I went back in and re-ordered them AFTER 2 pm and again got an acceptance page. Still don't show on the backorder page.

Must be union employess:lol::lol::lol:

mbulent

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi;

Sorry for my delayed answer;

We have reactivated the domain name auction links;

- there will be 1 run per month and the deadline will be the last Thursday of the month

- we will increase the number of domains and make it domain name auction including premium domain names. So, a domain does not have to be a premium domain name to be listed there.

Answers:

- We have corrected the list problem for the TBR domains ordering and listing.

- yes definitely we do not have marketing geniuses for the auction.

- The new deadline for the TBR domains is Thursday 02:00 PM. Tuesday the next week deadline was for 1 week only and because of the new implementation. Give time to registrants to adjust.

- "Premium" Domain name auction deadline is the last week of the month.

- We will also add some domains from other auction sites in partnership with them so you may find better ones.

Please send us your new feedbacks to make it better.

Thank you and Best Regards

Bulent Turkoglu
http://www.sibername.com

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please send us your new feedbacks to make it better.
http://www.sibername.com

I can suggest the starting price for each domain be adjusted. Make it a good source to pick up deals and the traffic will flow in. The prices for some of the domains are honestly laughable. Your posting end user pricing to resellers.

Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom