Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Situation with the buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I recently joined Afternic and one of my names was sold. The sale was strange from the beginning - it was a fixed price with make offer option.
During my night the buyer made 9!! increasing offers - the last one was closed to my BIN (high 1,xxx), I woked up, saw that bidding hell and accepted the final offer.
It was exactly 3 weeks ago.
I'm in almost everyday contact with my agent who informed me at the beginning that the buyer informed that he sent money by check (he is in US). After two weeks of waiting my agent started to ask the buyer when exactly he did send the check. This person didn't reply till today. He is a new member of Afternic.
Normally I would cancel the transaction (if it was for example at Sedo) - but this buyer purchased at the same time also some oher names at Afternic and paid for them! My agent confirmed that he did it. Can't imagine why exactly he is doing this (paying for something else and not paying for mine name)

Don't know but maybe someone from here sold anything to him? His nick is: morgan7152

Nick

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If his nickname hasn't showed up on any research you may have done (you have his full name ? look at his other buys, the ones he actually paid, or ask the broker, he might tell you) then he's probably ok, and he paid you for his other domains already

He may have regretted buying this one and he's feeding you a line that "the check is in the mail" (literally ? who sends paper cks in the mail anymore lol, just him...? and is that how he paid the other names ?) There must be a limit as to the days Afternic can wait, I haven't sold there recently. You can request that the transaction be cancelled but if the selling price for this last domain was good IYO, then it's worth waiting, you don't have to after the limit but I probably would not cancel

Just redirect your webpage away from Afternic in case you have it set to their servers. Afternic won't bring you any other offers for this domain while the deal is pending

:approve:

Last edited:

Nick

aka twomoon
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If his nickname hasn't showed up on any research you may have done (you have his full name ? look at his other buys, the ones he actually paid, or ask the broker, he might tell you) then he's probably ok, and he paid you for his other domains already

He may have regretted buying this one and he's feeding you a line that "the check is in the mail" (literally ? who sends paper cks in the mail anymore lol, just him...? and is that how he paid the other names ?) There must be a limit as to the days Afternic can wait, I haven't sold there recently. You can request that the transaction be cancelled but if the selling price for this last domain was good IYO, then it's worth waiting, you don't have to after the limit but I probably would not cancel

Just redirect your webpage away from Afternic in case you have it set to their servers. Afternic won't bring you any other offers for this domain while the deal is pending

:approve:

Unfortunately don't have his full name for now. My researches at google gave me only one girl :) Don't think it's my buyer.
Also don't know if he paid for other names by check too, will ask my agent tomorrow about it.
Well, yes, I can cancel the transaction, but in a current situation I prefer to sell this name :)
This name wasn't and isn't parked, neither redirect to Afternic - btw it's a bit strange that he purchased it at Afternic. Name is forwarded to my site, and there is a link to Sedo on it.
But for some reason he choosed to make me 9 offers on a fixed price domain at afternic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom