Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

SnapName vs. Namewinner

Status
Not open for further replies.

DotComster

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Use both - it's good combination if the domain is worth it.

Name winner might be haveing the same problem DeletedDomains is?

play

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameWinner beats snapnames.

Besides it usually costs much less.

If you got a snap from verisign and the name has some intrinsic value you may not get anything from snapnames/verisign as they (verisign) may allow reregistration of that same name through srsplus which is part of verisign and pocket the cost of your snapback in a conflict of interest and committing fraud in the process.

Why would you deal with such a ring and give them monopoly?

Joing antiwls.org

Kid Kool

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think snapnames usually beats out namewinner. Not only that, but if the domain is worth anything there will be bids up to 700-1500 dollars. Not to mention namewinner is shill central.

lux

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I haven't had luck with either.

Kjel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Play,

I think you may have received some incorrect information:

SnapNames does not share data with 3rd parties (including VeriSign and/or SRSPlus) regarding which names have or haven't been back-ordered. I am unfamiliar with and cannot comment on the actions you ascribe to VeriSign / SRSPlus; I can however say that SnapNames absolutely does not participate in the activity you describe above.

Please contact me directly (kjel@snapnames) if I can clarify anything further for you.

regards,

Kjel Holmberg

play

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Kjel

Great you answered.

Why keep it private? I don't have nothing to hide.

Snapnames has improved on drops since a close relationship-partnership with verisign, having such a close relationship can give to the equivalent of insider trading when and if as to the timing of drops, how about scripts?

SnapNames does share it's back-ordered data with everybody in the whole world; it's whois shows all snapbacks.

-Won't you tell us that many times srsplus does beat snapnames for the same domain that has a snapback and is back-ordered?

-Can you clarify & explain that to us please? How is it that verisign offers two services through two of it's partners srsplus and snapnames?
-one the one hand it offers snapnames and on the other hand it offers srsplus for drops. You can not tell us that there is a secret drop club at srsplus or at least the they act as a drop service?

How much would srsplus charge to beat snapnames on drops for intrinsic value domains? I guess more than the 69 snapnames charges.

Can you tell us when will verisign own or purchase or takeover snapnames? or have they decided not to buy snapnames yet as a strategic decision since they are been pressured by the goverment to release .com and .net?

Verisign owns:

greatdomains.com
domainnames.com
registrars.com
1globalplace.com
nameengine.com
.tv
.cc
srsplus.com

but if they own reregistrations on drops, (verisign will not release; verisign aims to have a monopoly for the very long future) they can maintain a good piece of the pie with above average profit margins.

Regards

Let the tread run

Play

D

DomainNameFactory

Snapnames.com and namewinner.com both have done well for me.

I usually use both on a name just in case :)

Kjel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Play,

Thanks for your follow-up questions; I didn't realize that these sorts of misconceptions were out there. I'd be pleased to correct them here if that is your preference; it was not my intention to "hide" anything by suggesting private email, but rather to avoid boring more people than necessary with this :)

First off though, you are correct, and I'm sorry I didn't make the distinction: a party can in fact determine whether or not a Snapback back-order is present on a particular domain by querying that domain on our site. What I should have said is that we do not provide that information in bulk to anyone, nor do we facilitate bulk lookups for anyone, and furthermore we take steps designed to prevent anyone from harvesting that data from our site via any automated processes. Sorry for oversimplifying the point in my previous post.

As to your other points, it seems you are under the impression that there is some sort of collusion between SnapNames, SRSPlus, and VeriSign in which we somehow assist SRSPlus to pick up dropping names with SnapBacks on them? That is completely, absolutely, unequivocally incorrect. SnapNames and SRSPlus have no business relationship and as such I have no idea what sort of services they offer, but I assure you that nothing they do is performed in conjunction with SnapNames in any way, shape or form. There have been a few occasions where a party using SRSPlus as their registrar has defeated us in the race for an expiring name, but over our history we have lost names to almost every registrar at least once or twice - please don't read "conspiracy" into that event.

Because our button on netsol.com gives us substantial visibility, it is a common misconception that we are a VeriSign company. This is not true. VeriSign does not own or control any percentage of SnapNames; we are in fact privately held. Many of our shareholders can be found here: http://www.snapnames.com/corporate_execteam.html .

SnapNames is currently partnered with more than a dozen ICANN accredited registrars. I don't purport to speak for any of them, so your other questions should probably be directed to VeriSign directly.

Best regards,

Kjel Holmberg
SnapNames

Whois-Search

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Depends if you mean the NameWinner.com open to the public or the whats going on behind it with its register newdentity.com

> assuage.org == 04-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> gawky.org == 04-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> grime.org == 05-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> intractable.org == 05-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> spiritualization.net == 08-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> uvula.net == 04-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> warble.org == 04-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> cuddys.net == 06-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> jabots.com == 07-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> manages.org == 06-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> shipmans.org == 04-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com

RacerX

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Whois-Search
Depends if you mean the NameWinner.com open to the public or the whats going on behind it with its register newdentity.com

> assuage.org == 04-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> gawky.org == 04-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> grime.org == 05-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> intractable.org == 05-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> spiritualization.net == 08-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> uvula.net == 04-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> warble.org == 04-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> cuddys.net == 06-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> jabots.com == 07-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> manages.org == 06-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com
> shipmans.org == 04-oct-2002 == whois.newdentity.com

= total crap.

What is THE BEST NAME TO EXPIRE IN THE LAST 120 DAYS ANYWAY????

RacerX

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RacerX
What is THE BEST NAME TO EXPIRE IN THE LAST 120 DAYS ANYWAY????

That's an interesting question RacerX. My vote's for analyst.com. Anyone know any better names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators