Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

SnapNames.com & ccTLDS - 1 to 4 Character/ 1 Word ccTLDs Auction- Underrating cctlds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1 to 4 Character/ 1 Word ccTLDs Auction by Snapnames is beginning on Tuesday, 12/14 at Noon Eastern Time (9 a.m. Pacific Time) and ending on Tuesday, 12/21 at 3:15 p.m. Eastern Time (12:15 p.m. Pacific Time).

But hey, I am no SN employee neither the above line is any marketing gimmick.. then?
I just went through the catalogue that was made available: http://showcase.snapnames.com/getCatalog.php?id=53

Out of 172 domains in the catalogue, 95% of domains were Top TLDs i.e.
•127 .coms (74%)
•27 .nets (16%)
•9 .orgs (5%)

And the rest 5% are only ccTLDs. Of these,
•6 are .tvs (3.5%)
•1 each for .co.uk, .eu, .mx (1.5%)

When I saw this catalogue , i said hey, CCTLDs are not at all supported by SN / Moniker anyhow, then why such a big deal?

But no, after seeing the google trend for the .tv, .mx, .eu cctld (catalog), i compared to .de, .us, .fr, .ca, .uk ; http://www.google.co.in/trends?q=.de,+.us,+.fr,+.ca,+.uk&ctab=0&geo=all&date=all

i just thought, damn.. just another auction with no worth / effort for cctlds by another big brand!!

Also, .in & .co.in for the last 12 months is rising w.r.t. other ccTLDs in the catalog auction (.tv, .mx, .eu ) are way behind it except .TV which is at the moment equal to .in
http://www.google.co.in/trends?q=.in,+.co.in,+.eu,+.mx&ctab=0&geo=all&date=ytd&sort=0

So, none of the leading cctlds were included in the list for auction!! SN have hit a hard blow to cctlds lovers!
I will firstly love to hear sonething on this (specially from SN team) and make me understand on it.

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Primary focus of the auction is 1-4 character domains, think they have that covered fairly well.

One word ccTLDs are the next option, but keeping the kind of buyer who'd frequent this short domain auction they've chosen mostly .tv which is considered by Google to be a gTLD per a clarification post by a senior Google Analytics expert, so makes sense.

If they have a ccTLD only auction the problem is the market is just too fragmented, maybe a specific ccTLD auction would work, just for .de or just for .co.uk - again, pure conjecture w/o knowing who SN/M are targeting.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Primary focus of the auction is 1-4 character domains, think they have that covered fairly well.

One word ccTLDs are the next option, but keeping the kind of buyer who'd frequent this short domain auction they've chosen mostly .tv which is considered by Google to be a gTLD per a clarification post by a senior Google Analytics expert, so makes sense.

If they have a ccTLD only auction the problem is the market is just too fragmented, maybe a specific ccTLD auction would work, just for .de or just for .co.uk - again, pure conjecture w/o knowing who SN/M are targeting.

agree with that !
but my concern is the kind of buyer are defined by these brands only and if they overlook it, who else will take care.... not domainers here !

i understand the money txn done in 3 char TLDs is much higher and hence more weightage to it unless
1 word cctlds is high commercial / premium keyword based on current market trend analysis

but 5% to 95% is no-no .. straight!
no top used cctlds anywhere, no great keywords !

yes, market is fragmented , and that is positive about cctlds (with perception to identify buyer / seller)!

and MW, my opinion wsas based on google trends, and my perception on the domain trend of my domains response in revenue generation
no offence to anyone. btw, nice to see you here and discuss on DNF , i thought u were too busy on the other forum but defnitely not correct to conjecture without clear facts ;) :)

That is the reason SEDO is still favorite with sellers of cctlds rather then SN or any other
god knows, SN/M/GD .. where they will lead ccTLDs to, and major registrar of ccTLDs do not have the platform to sell / list it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom