Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

SnapNames monitoring us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gariben

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can anybody confirm if Snapnames monitors <or> sells the list of most popular domain names entered in their website to other people?

Happened few times already. The name was not snapped by anybody but once I checked the domain, few days later the name was snapped by somebody.

Maybe it was just coincidence? Maybe not.

Anybody have similar experiences?

thanks,

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A few days is a long time in this business.. There are a limited number of generic domains dropping, so the chances of a domain having a Snap on it are high..

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
How about an example?

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gariben,

If you base your theory on the fact that the domains
you've checked a few days ago were not snapped (and
now are), you should reconsider.

Beachie is 100% right. Having a 10 second advantage in
this game is pretty good, not to mention hours or days.

I've noticed that people are going crazy snapping some
very useless domain names. I guess the WLS confusion
is working out very well in SnapName's favor.

They could very well be monitoring and selling what
you search for, but I seriously doubt it. Their business
is exploding right now and I don't think it's necessary
for them to take such unethical measures.

Luc L.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think all businesses USE, STORE, SELL, DISTRIBUTE, and ANALYZE the data people enter in the searches on their sites. They would be STUPID not too. Before there were as many domains grabbed as there are now (98-00) I was VERY cautious about typing in a name for availability on this premise. I had seen names grabbed only days after I entered them into a search at certain registry checks. I even did not type certain names into the DOTSTER auctions for US pre-registrations that I would be later monitoring and possibly registering in the opening days because I did not want it permanently listed in their index which was freely available to all to view and speculate with. The game is well defined now and you know when you have a good name there is no wishywashy I think it might be a good name. It's either really good, mediocre, or plain sucks (90% suck). Then again you have those names that have been developed in the past. However, most sites have never been developed to begin with and the few that are successful are still in existence today and aren't going anywhere.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by clemzonguy
However, most sites have never been developed to begin with and the few that are successful are still in existence today and aren't going anywhere.

I agree. Developing a successful site with a name is 10,000X harder than buying and drop catching names.

D

domaingator

Gariben,

I have noted the same thing you have asked about. I have lost names that way within a day. Really made me think......

Kjel

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
SnapNames operates purely on a first come, first served basis. We do not track whois lookups, nor do we sell customer lists to anyone. Please review our privacy policy at http://www.snapnames.com/privacy.html if there are any questions. Snapforum.com is purely internal to SnapNames -- updates re birthdays, holidays, and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom