- Joined
- Jan 18, 2007
- Messages
- 1,858
- Reaction score
- 78
I never invested in them as i never saw a real market for them but of course always wondered if the exention would take off. Looks like it hasn't but are one word generics worthless?
Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.
Hotels.eu $329,509
Shopping.eu $196,803
Both sold at sedo.
I think there is no real use for .eu unless for a few top notch generics... people in the EU are cheap when it comes to domain buying anyway..I had a couple of three letter .eu domains, and all I got was emails from companies wanting to buy them with a top budget of like $50...what a joke...
I think .eu is today what mobi will be 2 years from now... useless, unused and a thing of the past
I believe .eu will persist and grow....these arent going away.
.mobi, who actually USES a .mobi on a day to day basis? Mobi will fall flat on its face I believe... Yes some collectors will pay xxx,xxxx for a generic of .mobi
I certainly would not....
I believe .eu will persist and grow....these arent going away.
.mobi, who actually USES a .mobi on a day to day basis? Mobi will fall flat on its face I believe... Yes some collectors will pay xxx,xxxx for a generic of .mobi
I certainly would not....
My money is they will have a phone version in a year or two tops.
Did you used to own stock in eToys and are now shifting your loses to OQO?Ive never said the death of .eu will ever happen.. in fact those are very good imho. .mobi though isnt in my book... lets take a different angle at this discussion...
Why use mobi at ALL? Ohh you say... because then I can display html for my users mobile devices... and how do you tell WHICH mobile device they have when they come to your site?
Most programmers will use something similar to browserhawk. To tell the dimensions of the screen. http://www.browserhawk.com/Default.aspx?bhcp=1
Guess what??? surprise! You can use this to display the mobile content to EXACTLY the correct screen size when your phone user, your pda user and any other wierd screen size comes browsing your web page. And the user doesnt have to remember anything other than your companies main .com website.
So again wheres the NEED for .mobi... ? And yes OQO or another similar UMPC provider will put Vista into your next cell phone in a few years... with full OS and a full browser..not the junk mini browsers we use now. Then the only argument is because we can display the correct content on the mini devices...
again, remember browserhawk...or a similar product... which then makes mobi useless once again and in fact MORE of a burden because a company must brand 2 urls... their .com and then push into consumers minds this mobi concept...
uh yeah...good luck with that.
I would think it would be dependent upon the language. The larger the language usage the better chances of success, I would think.but are one word generics worthless?
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.