• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

So Google Decided to Delete my Adsense Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT Web

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2003
Messages
6,459
Reaction score
3
After over a year of providing impressions and clicks to Adsense, yesterday I got the now famous email saying because of "invalid clicks" my account has been closed.

I had been recieving over 10,000 impressions and 800+ clicks per day for nearly 5 months in a row and always made sure never to even come close to clicking on my own ads (after hearing all the horror stories about accounts being deleted for this very reason). I can honestly say I never once clicked on one of my own ads.

I guess there isn't much I can do about it, Google obviously didn't want me around so they came up with an excuse to get rid of me. They took $x,xxx away from me (40 days worth of earnings) which I don't think I have any chance of ever recieving.

But life goes on and now I must rebound - find another way to start generating income on the web. Unfortunately I can't sign up with Yahoo because I am not American, but I have some other ideas. I am not going to whine and complain about this, but I thought I should let you all know this type of thing is going on.

Anyway, the moral of the story here is: if Google wants you gone, they will delete your account, take your earnings and provide you with some phoney excuse.

Happy holidays Google :santa:

I'm off to find a new way of generating revenue...
 
Have you tried to contact them again and plead your case? There have been some cases of re-instatement that can be found on the web, so it's not over yet. You have to be persistent and present any evidence you have in your possession. They have banned far too many legtimate operators as it appears that loyalty means nothing to them. Keep trying untill at least they send you the 'exhaustive review' form letter. Best of luck.
 
I responded to the account suspension email, but no response from them as of yet. I don't really know how to "proove" I didn't provide invalid clicks, and as I said, I doubt think that was actually the reason.

Thanks for the encouragement however, I will look into previous re-instatement cases.
 
Sorry to hear that I hope you find another way. It really sucks they can just do that.
 
8% ctr on some sites is quite high, depending on the site. I wonder if that has anything to do with it.
 
That sucks, web. Maybe you should try affiliate traffic marketing, there is this site that I just bought an ebook off http://www.moneyhome.com that may start you in the right direction on PPA.

PPCs are coming to the end of its fraud-filled bull run. Time to move on.
 
Thanks for the link, lack of traffic was never really a problem but I will certainly look into PPA.

In terms of CPM per adview (instead of pageview) my numbers were around the 3% level, which is on the high side but relatively normal I would think...
 
ever think about switching to YPN since google deleted you?
 
From my origional post in this thread:
Unfortunately I can't sign up with Yahoo because I am not American...
 
Hey GT.. hit me up if you find something else as good as Google; I'm not American either so can't join Yahoo like u & Google just disabled ad serving on one of my domains for reasons out of my control. :veryangry
 
Mr. Deleted said:
I have some non-Americans useing a channel on my yahoo account. I then just pay them at the end of the month.

Have you received a check yet?
 
GT Web said:
I responded to the account suspension email, but no response from them as of yet. I don't really know how to "proove" I didn't provide invalid clicks, and as I said, I doubt think that was actually the reason.

Thanks for the encouragement however, I will look into previous re-instatement cases.

It's been debated before that "invalid clicks" can mean just about ANY violation of their TOS, so be sure look at your entire site for ANY possible violation of TOS even if it doesn't seem to have anything to do with a physical click.
 
Sorry to hear about your dilemna Daniel. You should look into Chitika - they having a pretty nice concept, and the EPM has been pretty good. They can be run in contextual mode (adapting to your page content) *and* with specific keywords.

We run their ads in non-contextual mode as a backup to our Adsense ads.

Good luck,

Rob
 
You might find this interesting. This is what yahoo wrote me:
Your revenue accrues over the course of the calendar month. Forty-five days after the close of the calendar month, your adjusted revenue becomes your available balance. If your available balance is at least $100, a check will be issued at this time. For example, the revenue you accrue in the month of June will be adjusted and transferred to your available balance in July and a check will be issued on August 15th. If your available balance is less than $100, your funds will remain in your account until your available balance reaches at least $100. Publishers eligible for balance transfer may transfer any funds in their available balance at any time.
 
You can appeal a ban to google by:

emailing [email protected] with the following info:

- Your name

- Your company's name (if applicable)

- Your publisher ID number (located in the AdSense code on your website
with the format, pub-################)

- Your website's URL

- Date your account was disabled

- Your website's audience

- The source of your website's content

- Frequency of content updates

- The primary sources of your website's traffic

- The number of people involved with the administration of the site

- Any relevant information that you believe would explain the invalid
click activity we detected
 
RTM.net said:
Sorry to hear about your dilemna Daniel. You should look into Chitika - they having a pretty nice concept, and the EPM has been pretty good. They can be run in contextual mode (adapting to your page content) *and* with specific keywords.

We run their ads in non-contextual mode as a backup to our Adsense ads.

Good luck,

Rob

Yup, Chitika rocks for tech sites!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom