Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

So what are the useless tld's to not waste money on....and what has a future...

Status
Not open for further replies.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am calling you out on this Doc Com. You have made a serious personal attack type of accusation about me but I have no idea what it's about and you never responded to my request to please send by PM the alleged harassing series of low-ball emails you claim I sent you.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. It doesn't sound like anything I have done or my style. I also have very rarely made any emails offers and have not done so in a very long time. In addition, the few times I may have made email offers I used just my first name from what I remember.

Please PM me the alleged emails so I can verify it.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am calling you out on this Doc Com. You have made a serious personal attack type of accusation about me but I have no idea what it's about and you never responded to my request to please send by PM the alleged harassing series of low-ball emails you claim I sent you.
Dude, you can keep calling. For you to even think I kept those emails is ludicrous. Although you may not have signed them David Green, your email id identified David Green.

Coincidence? Highly unlikely as they were all (yes, more than on one occasion) the exact same names I turned you down via PM on this very forum.

But don't feel bad. You are not the only one that does it.

Now, if I post one from you, what do I get in return?

eeedc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"alleged harassing series of low-ball emails you claim I sent you. "

Flame wars are almost always a waste of time, but I don't see how low-ball offers are harassing.

People offer me $100 to $500 all the time for Shrewd.com, but it never crossed my mind once that they were harassing me. It did cross my mind that they are either fishing for idiots willing to sell well below value or idiots themselves, but I always politley said, "No thanks, I turned down XXXX," and the low-ballers go away.

One does not even have to reply to low-ball offers if one does not want to. eBay's auto-reject low offers is good for this. At worst, one wasted 30 seconds reading an email with a low-ball offer.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"harassing" is someone else's choice of words.

I take them all with a grain of salt.

But to act like it never happened? And suddenly I am supposed to provide proof - as if I saved all those emails from hundreds of tire kickers? If I have any at all it would be the ones that have come in the past couple of weeks because I have not purged my email trash bin.

Speaking of dead domain extensions, I saw this on the back of an Utrecht catalog that just came in the mail...http://gettag.mobi

It is a link to microsoft tag reader.

Oh well, I guess MS has no idea what they are doing.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Judging by the fact you must have set a DNF record with 16,134 posts in 4 years it appears you are really the one who needs the attention and has little else to do all day except posting here and flaming people as I have seen you do many times, including directed to myself several times even though I have tried to avoid you in the past.

BINGO!

DocCom is DNF'S number #1 attention seeking whore... This is part of his narcissistic personality, always extremely critical of others, complaining about almost everything almost all the time with members he thinks he can get away with it.

In Doc's mind he's always right and he will do anything necessary to prove he's right no matter how much of a FOOL he makes of himself. Narcissists have an incredibly large Ego, admitting their wrong or admitting they made a mistake is simply NOT in their makeup. I challenge anyone here to find me one post where DocCom admitted he was wrong about anything, JUST ONE.

These trivial flame wars he starts is more about "Winning" it's about coming out ahead and proving to all his pals that he's superior, that he's a force to be reckoned with... It's about feeling accepted, having members constantly praise him, giving him that much needed boost of self confidence.

It's clear from reading this thread that the problem here is NOT with you David, but rather with him.. or "IT"

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not keeping the alleged emails was exactly what I figured you would say.

Another point is how would you know it was me since the rare emails offers I made in the past were from a free email account and using only my first name?

It's likely a case of mistaken identity, or a rush to judgement. or maybe someone else pranking you due to a flame war you had.

Dude, you can keep calling. For you to even think I kept those emails is ludicrous. Although you may not have signed them David Green, your email id identified David Green.

Coincidence? Highly unlikely as they were all (yes, more than on one occasion) the exact same names I turned you down via PM on this very forum.

But don't feel bad. You are not the only one that does it.

Now, if I post one from you, what do I get in return?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Dude, yeah...I keep all BS emails for prosperity.

I could care less which email account you use. Is you last name Green?

And I will bet anything that if you look in your sent folders you will find email sent to MelGer, LLC, g at dogtales dot net, or domains at dogtales dot net.

Let me guess...you occasionally empty you sent folders.

Thats a shocker...deleting emails.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Actually, I have every single (non-spam) email I ever received or sent going back many years, as far back as 1998. Why delete any since they occupy very little room on the disk. p.s. I just did a search and no record of dogtales emails.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is you last name green? and look up if you sent any to any alltel.net addresses (only been using dogtales for about perhaps less than a year).

---------- Post added at 07:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:35 PM ----------

As for saving emails, I could care less about disk space.

All I want to find are emails of legitimate contacts, clients, business associates, etc. I have no need for the countless spam emails, unwanted emails, nigerian of PI scam emails, and the like. They are deleted and eventually purged.

jmcc

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is dangerous to take a domainer-only view of a market because it misses some of the other important factors. The .eu is the most obvious example of a good idea implemented by incompetent morons. Some of the repurposed ccTLDs where the promoters tried to represent the ccTLD as being something it is not may also have some problems. The .name gTLD has been killed in the market by .me ccTLD. The one everyone should be watching for the next few months is .co ccTLD. Its reality check is about to be cashed and it will be interesting to see if the funds from renewals keep it in credit. It has done everything right on marketing but the renewal fees are going to cull a lot of newbie domainers.

Regards...jmcc

netfleet

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A very interesting subject on the-web is that ALL .US extension domains are banned by the Yahoo feed under a quality block. Several pay-per-click parking firms who use the Yahoo PPC feed have confirmed that to be correct, and indicated Yahoo thinks every single .us domain must be poor quality and thus are banned from PPC revenue. Isn’t that an incredible wide-ranging assumption to make!

It’s been an issue for at least 2 or 3 years from what we understand. It appears both Yahoo and some of the parking firms who have been given our .us domains to monetize using the Yahoo feed in-effect keep it a secret and allegedly simply assumed we would not notice the fact we always get zero income from our dot-us country code domains.

Wow! That's unbelievable! Such a shame that .us hasn't performed over the years.

I see a big future in

.au
.mx
.com.br
.in

Although the latter three may take a while.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Here are my top 8 in no specific order, feel free to add yours.

.mobi - never had legs except domains with pipe dreams.

You mean "Domainers" with pipe dreams.

Also interesting how you listed .mobi as the first useless TLD.

2sgn080agree.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom