• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

So what was your first reg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VirtualT

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 11, 2006
Messages
2,228
Reaction score
19
I thought it might be interesting for members to post the first domain they ever regged and when.

Ill kick it off, I can't actually post my first few regs in this section as they were adult by nature, but the first domain of general interest I registered was mistymountainhop.com on the 5 August 2000, at Directnic of all places (cheapest place in town as far as I knew) for USD$15.

I used it as a personal email for a while, then let it drop, then re-registered it again a few years later, then let it drop again.
Looks like someone snaffled it up again last year.

I was so into Led Zep :)
 
The first names I bought were on ebay - but the first one I can remember hand-regging was food-king.com a couple of years ago

Still got it - I've reg'd worse...
 
My first was for a web design business I ran at university. Subsequently reg'd a few others for business.
The first domain i registered for it's potential alone was textlinkbrokers.co.uk a couple of months ago.
 
i first regged cric-f1.info for a site that i am still running
 
My first reg is Kissid.com.
I used it for a topsite and let it drop after one year.
 
My virgin reg :D QuadroFX.com

Intended to cybersquat nVidia, but turned out no one wanted to buy it on eBay. So I started using it for my own good. It's not for sale.
 
My first regg was back in '04 and it was HotWebSpot.com I was going to develope a social networking site for clubbers. The n I just decided to see if I could sell the name to get my money out and low and behold I stumbled into the domain industry as I started googling.
 
My first reg was acoolzone.com back in May of 99. When I look back, I really kick myself as there were so much better names back then. I still have the name as well.
 
Andforum.net - regged couple of years ago for my private forum.. Sold it 2 years later at sedo (my first sale :)) for 150$.. :)
 
My first domain ever was.... 1available.com to start up some sort of a enterprise..... then dropped it after 2 years....:cool:
 
I think it was wirelyss,com back in early 2000. I regged names at register.com then for $35 a pop I think it was.
 
My first reg: Pondhockey.net
Date: 6/2/2000
Price: $29.50 at some registrar that I cannot recall

-Bob
 
ebay.com let it drop

my second reg- diabetic doctor .com
 
My first reg www.nRaged.com ..planning to open up a shop/bar here called nRaged where people can and take out their anger :D new niche eh? :D
 
Gridlines.com
 
For me it was elivate.com :cool:
Created on: 25-Oct-04

Still using this for my web design/hosting company...
 
My first domain was for a web host business I ran back then, wwwspace.com
That was 1997... In 1999 some crazy guy contacted me and wanted to buy the domain. So i sold it to him, for $3000...!! :rolleyes:
Mind you, I sold the domain only, not the business. Oh, yes, that was definitely before the dot com collapse... :cool:
Now I see that whois says the domain is from 2002, so that crazy guy must have let it drop later. :lol:

...
 
my 1st reg was comicmint.com, for the love of comics, had 4-6 offers on it, will never sell it...
 
- adult site first regged in fall of 99.

Now owned by buy domains.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom