• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

So will you do Business with an unverified DNF member?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you insist, okay fine.
 
yes, and then maybe no later when more ppl are verified. If they have been a member for a long time yes
 
how do you get verified anyways?
 
Yes AND No...

jim
 
they could be verified ...but a real "a-hole" member, so maybe no to them.

maybe they are not verified, but i have done biz with them in the past, then yes.

so i gotta go with nameslave and say ...yes and no


makes you think...xnx!
 
No I agree with names remark I meant good answer, I wanted to see if a lot of people were going to say no I agree because verified is providing no real protection, Good Intention but no offense if someone screwed me out of $5000 the fact they will get suspended here is the least of concerns
 
xnx said:
No I agree with names remark I meant good answer, I wanted to see if a lot of people were going to say no I agree because verified is providing no real protection, Good Intention but no offense if someone screwed me out of $5000 the fact they will get suspended here is the least of concerns

At least we would have real information to provide you with if you wish to follow it up with a police report or a lawsuit.

It's up to you, it's your $5000.

We are not saying you shouldn't do business with unverified members.

Sue
 
"So at least I got that going for me which is nice" Caddyshack

and I didn't say you said to not do business I was asking members opinions.
 
Yes, as long as it is a long time member with iTrader of 2+
 
Of course.

I think very few DNF members will end up getting verified, I know it will be very hard for me to become verified, only because I don't have any utility bills since I am still a student.

If you have a good trader rating, being verified should not matter at all.
 
I won't be getting verified. I was under the assumption this was going to be done with exclusive memberships but that never happened. Scammers are openly scamming on the boards on noone is taking the initiative to do anything about them why pay more to see the same ole thing?
 
Hey GT,

You're more then welcome to send it your parents utility bill, or land line phone bill, as long as the address match.

Again, what were trying to do is offer our members protection, incase anything happens.

-Sue

GT Web said:
Of course.

I think very few DNF members will end up getting verified, I know it will be very hard for me to become verified, only because I don't have any utility bills since I am still a student.

If you have a good trader rating, being verified should not matter at all.
 
My personal views:

The rise in popularity of Dnforum.com and new memberships being formed every day, I think the verification seal is a good idea. It would not have any affect over me doing business with a long standing friend/member here who I know to be legit ... however, I would feel a little better about doing business with a member I do not know or have never seen if they had been verified and that I know DNF might have a little piece of information on file that they otherwise would not.

I know it is impossible to apply complete trust in this, but I think for adding a little extra step of security, the purpose is well served.

Therefore my answer would be Yes and No as well.

My 2 cents.
 
Unless this verification proves to be useful in the future. I will wait it out.
 
Well je the only people I have ever had scam me were verified PAYPAL members not unverified, Paypal had all their info yet they still took the money back and I was out the domain. SO having that little piece means very little but most people go through their whole life wht false senses of security . I always tell people I know what you think on this (whatever)subject means or does very little but what ever it takes for you to sleep at night and Je I would never do business with a guy that owns.tv names hahahaha (.tv sucks)





Before others comment that is a private joke between Je and I
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom