• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Offers SpamBoxes.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulaSmiles

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2004
Messages
334
Reaction score
0
Taking offers for www.SpamBoxes.com

Price I will take depends on if new owner will allow me to use the concept/layout with another domain I have.

Here are some of the features built in.

Visitors can click any empty box to add his message. Each visitor can only post once a day (this can be adjusted, of course). When a visitor fills the last box, the oldest message will erase... so the next visitor has a place to write.

When a visitor enters a URL the site automatically makes that box a link to the site.

The text in the boxes is html so that you get more relevant Google ads.

The site automatically inserts spaces into long words (i.e. 20 or more chars long) so they will wrap inside the boxes.

There is are two "security" feature that prohibits "hackers" from submitting a message longer than 125 chars. Before, the message length was checked only with javascript (i.e. you can not type more than 125 chars into a box because of the javascript check). However, it would have been easy for a tech-savvy user to circumvent this check - so now there is also an additional check inside the PHP code. There's also a third check built into the database itself.

The site has a profanity filter which will not post messages which contains words on the list. There is also a password-protected admin page (that will look just like the public page) that will allow you to edit any message - just in case (as you realized) you would like to edit/remove any inappropriate messages that the profanity filter misses.

The site has a "robustness" feature -- the system presently assumes that the database has been pre-populated with one record per box (even if the box is empty). This "robustness" feature will allow a new record to be added if one does not exist yet in the database - this will be useful if you launch or re-launch the site without pre-populating the database.

The code is written in PHP 5.0. The code is also backwards compatible for PHP v. 4.x.

I really like this site... but might sell if I get enough to fund my other box ideas... and or one of the other sites I'm starting right now.

Thanks!

Paula S
 
I love this site, but can't find any empty boxes. Got a price in mind? Can't afford much, maybe for just the script? Oooo, I found a box.
 
I'll offer $100. You will still reserve the right to use the "box" idea, but not resell the same site/layout.
 
Thanks for the offers! However, I spent close to $200 for the programming and design... and think I'm going to hold onto the site if offers don't reach that level.

I do appreciate the offers though!

Paula S :)
 
If there are no other offers on this site by midnight tonight... I'll sell it to jdk for $100.

Thanks!
 
Sorry Paula but this sale is 10 days old and my bid has been voided due to no communication from you regarding the sale. I am in the business and can't wait around 10+ days regarding a sale as I have bought many sites since that time and no longer have any interest in this site.
 
No problem, jdk.

Site is still available then.
 
$75 here... By the way I like your puppyalbum site...
 
Any stats on the site? It may be of interest as I have funds set aside if I do decide on bidding.
 
Hi Paula, How about $150. I really like the box idea!
 
web-rocket - I'm glad you like the site www.PuppyAlbum.com - hope you'll add some photos of your dogs!

jdk - There were 116 unique visitors in April and 288 so far in May.

vuutuut - I sent you a PM.
 
Well i never got a response to my pm for some reason.

take it there is no revenue to speak of
 
Hi, Hitch... so sorry I missed your PM.

No revenue to speak of...

...just a click here or there...

only $0.58 total.
 
Sounds good.

High bid = $170

BIN = $250

Sale ends at midnight tonight.
 
"midnight tonight" What time zone
 
Great site!

I couldn't find any blank boxes but still fun...
 
The blank box is in the 3rd row right now.

There is always one box available... but the empty box replaces the oldest message... so it could be anywhere.... 3rd row right now. :)
 
I am using IE7, possibly it doesn't work with IE7. I see the box but when I enter something it doesn't show up...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom