• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Spammers and Other People Who Should F* Off

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLazeD

Selling
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 17, 2004
Messages
2,894
Reaction score
12
I created a RSS directory, and considering I have only advertised it in a few places it is doing really well.

However, someone has included it in auto-submission software, and I now get Spammed daily with over 1,000 just feeds (with links to keyword filled junk articles that never change or get updated).

I have found out the program and email the author many times, to no avail (dummysoftware.com).

I just love it how some people are prepared to try and ruin other peoples hard work for their own ill-gotten gains. I am now waiting on my website developer to fix this (but like everything else he will take weeks).

Wish I could get take back the time that these spammers are robbing from me - both from the dummy software developer, and also the people submitting their junk feeds - hope it is none of you guys!
 
Add a captcha to your site. Let me know if you need assistance with that. I can do it pretty easily.

Also if you want a fast fix just change the input names..that should thwart them until they adjust but it's really easy to make that change.
 
Whats a captcha? (I dont know much about coding, someone else did everything).

Cheers
 
A captcha is often a randomly generated image of usually a word and/or number one must type in to continue.

Humans can far more easily decypher the content of images than a computer program, in particular scripts; the days of captchas are likely numbered, but for now they are still quite effective.

You may do better to manually add RSS feeds yourself and/or volunteers. Quality not quantity.

Ron
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom