• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Spammers getting dumber?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JMJ

DNF Addict
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Feb 13, 2003
Messages
2,339
Reaction score
0
I open one of my email accounts today and not so surprisingly it's full of spam. About 1000 of them were from the same source so in these cases I'll generally try and trace them back to notify the hosting company or ISP. Well in this case the domain that they were using/linking in their spam mail wasn't even a registered name. :lol: They must have been so busy getting ready to blast out their spam they forgot to register the damn name they were spamming. I imagine if I got 1000 of them theres got to be a crapload of emails out there. Anyone have any idea what to do with this name? I thought about registering it and pointing it the FBI website, SpamCops, or something but I don't want my name anywhere near it.
 
As if to say they were smart to begin with? :lol:
 
Anyone have any idea what to do with this name? I thought about registering it and pointing it the FBI website, SpamCops, or something but I don't want my name anywhere near it.
well, if you reg it and they keep sending spam you might be considered the spam source=>problems.
 
I wish they would use a made up one, instead they fake my own. ROAR
 
Well I feel you there Drop but this was the actual link being spammed. Not the spoofed email.
 
Some spam is sent just to see if you respond or if you get it. Then they later hit you with more spam. Sadly most don't have good server side spam detection.
 
Nah no images or files to download on this one. Just a regular old click here to see how stupid I am link. haha I have spam detection on my server but while it helps with the bad stuff it also hurts on the good stuff. I get and send many emails which get triggered by them all the time. Got autoblacklisted via comcast just last week for sending my customer 1 billing request which I do via html link. So I had to go manually remove myself.
 
Yeah I did. Just found it funny they were spamming an available name.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom