Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Stop deleting posts without reason?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you stop deleting threads without reason? We spend time writing posts, and we place them where we think they should go, considering the rules. I wrote a post about the legalities of domain ownership, put it in Legal, and it is now gone...

I dont like having my time wasted. I spent valuable time writing that, so what right do you have to simply delete it, and then not even provide a reason?

Furthermore a post of mine was closed for having an invalid title format.
Why can I not put my domain as F^T^T.net?
You don't listen to suggestions to stop threads being spidered, so we should be able to protect our assetts.

Finally when you do close threads, at least tell us who has, and why?!
Listen to your suggestion, otherwise why have a suggestions forum?

Cheers

Upvote 0
Domain Summit 2024

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Johnn, I dont expect my own rules... but the threads were in the right place, and I see no rule saying domains cannot be listed with '^' s in between letters. If there is one, why? That is my suggestion, sort the rules because your thread titles rules are costing us money...
Thanks

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Read the rules:

10. ALL DOMAIN SALES MUST list the actual domain name IN THE POST, and at least one of the domain names being sold in the title of the post, you must post the ACTUAL DOMAIN NAME. No spacing of letters or domains is permitted in titles and/or posts for all Platinum Sales sections as well as the Domain Appraisal section. There's a solution for those avoiding spiders, you may use example(.)com or example(dot)com. In addition, most forums have a sticky thread or an announcement thread (or perhaps both) with more rules specific to that subforum. Please check for specific sticky threads and specific announcements that pertain to the subforum before posting in the forums. This rule is echoed in many sticky threads across our forum. Checking for a sticky before posting is netiquette you should be aware of, in any forum. Further reading here.

you must post the ACTUAL DOMAIN NAME

F^T^T.net - This is not the actual domain name and we don't play games.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I went to F^T^T.net and my browser crashed.

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
did I miss out on the nnn.org contest of yours tom or is it still in the works ??

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Read the rules:

10. ALL DOMAIN SALES MUST list the actual domain name IN THE POST, and at least one of the domain names being sold in the title of the post, you must post the ACTUAL DOMAIN NAME. No spacing of letters or domains is permitted in titles and/or posts for all Platinum Sales sections as well as the Domain Appraisal section. There's a solution for those avoiding spiders, you may use example(.)com or example(dot)com. In addition, most forums have a sticky thread or an announcement thread (or perhaps both) with more rules specific to that subforum. Please check for specific sticky threads and specific announcements that pertain to the subforum before posting in the forums. This rule is echoed in many sticky threads across our forum. Checking for a sticky before posting is netiquette you should be aware of, in any forum. Further reading here.

you must post the ACTUAL DOMAIN NAME

F^T^T.net - This is not the actual domain name and we don't play games.

Um domain(.)com and domain(dot)com do not work... Therefore my suggestion: make some better rules.

did I miss out on the nnn.org contest of yours tom or is it still in the works ??

James,

No. The thread was made but the mods closed it because I suggested that DNFOrum was better than Namepros. Not only don't they like compliments, but they dont like their members getting free domains.

Sorry.. blame the staff.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yeah, blame Sedo staff, DNForum staff etc. Just don't blame the rules or common sense.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
| Limit limit limit, edit edit, phone call, filter, edit, phone call, rule, rule, edit, limit, limit. phone call, edit, edit, rule, rule, limit, filter, limit |

|
|
|
|

Welcome to the land of ego. Realm of the finite.

<<<<<-----Harmony, fractals, infinity, healing, chi, dreaming, intuition, innovation, waves, ----->>>>>

|
|
|
|
|
Welcome to Consciousness. The realm of life.

cadillac880

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just my two cents...

Last I checked this a is a privately owned forum meaning you are not entitled to posting, membership, etc. but rather privileged to it. They actually have all the right in the world.

So what right do you have to simply delete it, and then not even provide a reason?

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The last I checked, I paid $400 to be on this forum.

Therefore it is my RIGHT, not a PRIVILEGE to say and do whatever I want to so long as it does not harm others.

Staff is privileged to be chopping up the membership dues from all of us.

If I want to start a thread about walking around the country with a fish on my head, it is my right to do so.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you stop deleting threads without reason? We spend time writing posts, and we place them where we think they should go, considering the rules. I wrote a post about the legalities of domain ownership, put it in Legal, and it is now gone...

I dont like having my time wasted. I spent valuable time writing that, so what right do you have to simply delete it, and then not even provide a reason?

Furthermore a post of mine was closed for having an invalid title format.
Why can I not put my domain as F^T^T.net?
You don't listen to suggestions to stop threads being spidered, so we should be able to protect our assetts.

Finally when you do close threads, at least tell us who has, and why?!
Listen to your suggestion, otherwise why have a suggestions forum?

Cheers

looking back at your profile just going back to 10/08, we can see that several of the threads you created were closed for various reasons, but all legit.

your last sales thread was closed because you decided to use your own format in the title, despite the fact that your previous sales threads had the domains listed correctly.

when you get the urge to do as you please here, then you get what you got.

if you like np better, then go there and be happy

all suggestions are not good for the communtiy, when the only serve the interest of one who cannot conform to forum rules

as for time wasted, you wasted more time in writing this thread, than if you had just put the domain in the title as you had in the past.

next....

James

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Therefore it is my RIGHT, not a PRIVILEGE

disagree..a drivers license you pay for and its a privilege to drive.not a right..thats why they can revoke it..no refunds either

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We pay for our membership here, so we have rights.

I continuously break rules because the rules are ridiculous.
Not all suggestions are good, but some of the suggestions I have put forward have been mentioned by numerous people yet nothing is ever done.

Peopl, companies, and individuals should stop giving me people to blame, and do it right!

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If I want to start a thread about walking around the country with a fish on my head, it is my right to do so.

it may be within your power to type such a post, but it remains within our power to delete such crap.

you could have more power by contributing positively and providing the right direction and frame of mind for others, than if you follow that mentality.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
#1 - The first rule of Fight Club is, you do not talk about Fight Club.
#2 - The second rule of Fight Club is, you DO NOT talk about Fight Club.
#3 - If someone says stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.
#4 - Two guys to a fight.
#5 - One fight at a time.
#6 - No shirts, no shoes.
#7 - Fights will go on as long as they have to.
#8 - If this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
disagree..a drivers license you pay for and its a privilege to drive.not a right..thats why they can revoke it..no refunds either

You must remember you pay for the operating costs of the bureaucratic process to drive a car...

We are padding the pockets of the Admins and Adam...and for what? To be treated like we are riding the short bus of domaining? We pay for that?

Are you born with rights when you drop out of your Mothers event horizon?

or is this a privilege too?

Is it a privilege to be American? Or a right?

Is it my right to drive my hummer to mcdonalds, buy an aspartame coke and a big mac, drive over to meet with my pharmaceutical investing buddies, chop up our profits from selling prozac....then I go to be coach of the high school football in the evenings......Then on the weekend I get to set curriculum (checkout Prussian compulsory schooling) for the upcoming semester at the local junior high school.

or is it a privilege to be a black hole of toxic death on myself and other people ?

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
have rights.

I continuously break rules because the rules are ridiculous.

and if you continue, you will soon end up on the outside trying to look back in.

not a threat, but a promise!

Compassion

feel the qi
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and if you continue, you will soon end up on the outside trying to look back in.

not a threat, but a promise!

Breaking the rules is wrong.

If the rules are fundamentally sound.

it may be within your power to type such a post, but it remains within our power to delete such crap.

you could have more power by contributing positively and providing the right direction and frame of mind for others, than if you follow that mentality.

That was hypothetical.

Most of my posts are thoughtful and nice.

I help people everyday.

I wake up I have a backache I heal it.

I wake up my leg is sore, I heal it...

Ancient Chinese masters know best.

Are you in any pain or suffering?

If you believe in the infinite realm of energy I can heal you.

If your ego limits you, I cannot heal you.

As it goes for anyone healing themselves.

You tell yourself the donut you are eating is making you fat and sick and it will..

You tell yourself the donut will make you happy and healthy so be the case.

I better not go too far here, some Grandmasters don't like the taoist secrets of healing spread....

Everyone will be posted on what I am doing on a mass scale to actually help others and with the rest of my time that is not spent on DNF squeezing out my $400 worth ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators