Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Stop deleting posts without reason?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can you stop deleting threads without reason? We spend time writing posts, and we place them where we think they should go, considering the rules. I wrote a post about the legalities of domain ownership, put it in Legal, and it is now gone...

I dont like having my time wasted. I spent valuable time writing that, so what right do you have to simply delete it, and then not even provide a reason?

Furthermore a post of mine was closed for having an invalid title format.
Why can I not put my domain as F^T^T.net?
You don't listen to suggestions to stop threads being spidered, so we should be able to protect our assetts.

Finally when you do close threads, at least tell us who has, and why?!
Listen to your suggestion, otherwise why have a suggestions forum?

Cheers

Upvote 0

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
What's wrong with having to use the actual domain in the title, using no s p a c i n g, s^p^e^c^i^a^l symbols or other junk? There is already a provision for the (.)dot part.

Domain Summit 2024

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
and if you continue, you will soon end up on the outside trying to look back in.

not a threat, but a promise!

Writing 'not a threat, but a promise!' does not make a threat not a threat.

At the end of the day I give back to the community. I contriubte, I write posts, and I try to abide by all the rules.

Problem is the staff have no respect. We put time into our threads, and you just sit there clicking delete delete delete without VALID reason. Sit on your golden stool, and feel powerful. Ignore suggestions, and delete threads without reason. Kick good members out.. where does that get you? Nowhere.

I was trying to help, what do I get, a load of abuse from the 'big men'.

Of course I dont want to banned, dnforum is a great place BUT when you ban me you ban my contributions, and my domains too. This is a domain forum btw.

In the most respectful way possible, for a moment consider the fact that you, and your rules MIGHT be wrong. Then respond to threads. Give us reason to respect your decisions rather than being stubborn, and arrogant.

Cheers

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GUA,

You read the rules and agreed when you signed up as a member.
You have to follow the rules or we have to take action if you keep violated (you said that and we have your records here) the rules.

There is no need to discuss and wasted the time for this type of thread.

Have a good day.

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You tell yourself the donut you are eating is making you fat and sick and it will..

You tell yourself the donut will make you happy and healthy so be the case.

If only that were true.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Writing 'not a threat, but a promise!' does not make a threat not a threat.

At the end of the day I give back to the community. I contriubte, I write posts, and I try to abide by all the rules.

Problem is the staff have no respect. We put time into our threads, and you just sit there clicking delete delete delete without VALID reason. Sit on your golden stool, and feel powerful. Ignore suggestions, and delete threads without reason. Kick good members out.. where does that get you? Nowhere.

I was trying to help, what do I get, a load of abuse from the 'big men'.

Of course I dont want to banned, dnforum is a great place BUT when you ban me you ban my contributions, and my domains too. This is a domain forum btw.

In the most respectful way possible, for a moment consider the fact that you, and your rules MIGHT be wrong. Then respond to threads. Give us reason to respect your decisions rather than being stubborn, and arrogant.

Cheers

if saying what i said, was all it took for you to grasp a vision of the consequences of your statement, then i did my job.

if you know how valuable dnf is to you, then think of how valuable it is to others.

the rules are made for all, not just you.

i follow them every time i start a thread, so why can't you?

you ain't above the rules and i don't put myself above them.

as for respect

i respect those who respect the forum

when you break the rules, then you show disrepect to the members and the owners.

BTW: i wish i had a golden stool to sit on, cause i would have taken that stool and traded it for some cold hard cash

BTW: sure, some good members get kicked out, but we let them come back....we let you come back didn't we?

but when we do, we expect you to conform to the rules.

let's take a look at your profile:

Profile Infraction
Reason: Temp Ban by Moderator 11-15-2008 09:42 AM by Johnn 3 / Expired
Profile Infraction
Reason: Violation Of Forum Rules 11-11-2008 02:27 PM by biggedon 1 / Expired
hlz.com 3 letter .com
Reason: Repeat violation - Insulting staff 04-30-2008 05:50 AM by Johnn 3 / Expired
[CONTEST] Proof Me Right
Reason: insulting member and keep making comments/remarks in sales thread despite after several warnings 04-15-2008 06:29 AM by Johnn 3 / Expired
domain spreadsheet
Reason: Advertising In Wrong Area 01-18-2008 06:49 PM by MediaHound 0 / Expired

i would think one with such profile would do better than "try" to follow the rules, they would make sure, absolutely, positively that they were in line with posting guidelines....if they though dnf was such a great place!

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There's a very simple solution to this.

Stop posting....

You agreed to a TOS when you signed up and agreed to follow the rules. No matter what we think of them, they are for everyone. Yes, there are a few retarded rules here but they are meant for everyone. No one is special or excluded.

If you don't want a domain public, don't post it here.
If you don't want a closed thread, follow the rules.

Even exclusive members who have been here for years get threads closed or deleted for not follow rules. I have respect for those who do not bend rules for certain individuals.

Last edited:

GUA

Gremlin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ive read what youve said but simply cant be bothered to reply to most of it. Regarding my infraction history...

Advertising in the wrong area.. it was not an advertisement.
Insulting member... when they reneged on a sale which of course nothing was done about.
No idea what the hlz.com thing is..

The only reasonable infraction was one of the Profile ones...

Basically i can no longer be bothered with this. My point is a lot of the rules are crap. My suggestion is look at them. If you dont the downfall of dnforum is your own fault. End of.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
This a.m. the end of Sedo was coming.
Now it's DNForum's last breath.
Where is the world heading to.
I am off for a beer or two.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Rcently my thread was closed for no valid reason, but I reported the thread and it was reopened by a moderator. I agree lately the forum has been overly moderated in some cases for no valid reason.

What's wrong with having to use the actual domain in the title, using no s p a c i n g, s^p^e^c^i^a^l symbols or other junk? There is already a provision for the (.)dot part.

Using the (.) in domain titles is not effective, the domain can be found in the search engines anyway. However, you can use the _._ format and it will not be searchable.

Maybe the forum should allow domains with _._ format so that they are not searchable...

Last edited:

stock_post

JewelryRelated.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From what I read, Exclusive members do not have to post the domain name.
And I am not sure what you have
Your profile says one thing and your symbol says something different.

If you are an exclusive member then you do not have to post the domain name in the title.

If you are not get your membership upgraded.

Thanks

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rcently my thread was closed for no valid reason, but I reported the thread and it was reopened by a moderator. I agree lately the forum has been overly moderated in some cases for no valid reason.

Using the (.) in domain titles is not effective, the domain can be found in the search engines anyway. However, you can use the _._ format and it will not be searchable.

Maybe the forum should allow domains with _._ format so that they are not searchable...

your post was closed for continuous bumping without posting any price reductions in the thread, even though you say you reduced the price.

that tactic has been going on for some time now, and previously you were asked not to continue doing it.

that new mod may not know all the bump tricks, but they will be advised!

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
your post was closed for continuous bumping without posting any price reductions in the thread, even though you say you reduced the price.

that tactic has been going on for some time now, and previously you were asked not to continue doing it.

that new mod may not know all the bump tricks, but they will be advised!

For the record, I have never posted price reductions without reducing the price!

You may be aware the original post can be changed to adjust the price.

Also I have not been warned about doing this, why would I be warned for something that was not done?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Two beers later, the world is a better place :D Recommended!

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Two beers later, the world is a better place :D Recommended!

Only two? lol
Some nights to read some threads on this forum I need a full bottle of vodka :D

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
...Using the (.) in domain titles is not effective, the domain can be found in the search engines anyway. However, you can use the _._ format and it will not be searchable. Maybe the forum should allow domains with _._ format so that they are not searchable...

Personally, I always liked this format which I recommend be allowed:

example-dot-com
example-dot-org etc

Sometimes I use that format in the body of posts and that way there would be little need bothering to later edit it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom