Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Strange rules on this forum!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

itoones

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Strange rules on this forum!!!

Well, I'm having some troubles with this forum, Some of my threads are been closed without reason, I have contacted moderators and got no answer.

The rules says: "Blatant and deliberate attempts to bump your thread to the top of the list with comments like (but not limited to) "bump", "up", "still available", etc. will result in the thread either being closed or deleted without notice! You may be warned at first, but repeated offenses may be treated differently."

In every forum that I have seen in all my life you can "BUMP" your topic in 24 hours, every forum. But in this forum if you do this your thread is closed, and "without notice". Bump one thread in more that 24 hours is not a "Blatant and deliberate attempts to bump my thread", in every forum this rule means that you can't bump the thread in less than 24 hours. If this forum is different of all the others forums in the world you need to specify this.
Sincerally, I can't believe that I paid for this.

Thanks for nothing...

Upvote 0

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Clearly this forum is not for you since you cannot follow the rules.

-=DCG=-

ninjadomain

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can reply to your thread with a price reduction (10% or more) and/or with an update and you're allowed three (3) during the life of the thread.

Once you get used to it, it's not so bad plus it helps minimize the number of posts so it's easier to get caught up on the ones you missed and for others to notice your post.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... and your response to me here in PM shows your arrogance.

"Every forum allow "bump" in more than 24 hours, every forum, every. I posted "still available" after 24 hours, so is not a Blatant and deliberate attempt to bump my thread to the top. I waited the 24 hours, so, my "still available" is inside the rules. If your forum is different of all other forums you must specify this in the rules.
Sorry but I'm inside the rules and I will bump my threads."

-=DCG=-

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Tsk, tsk...join feb 2011 and has yet to read the rules but wants to tell the forum owner/admin what the rules are.

---------- Post added at 06:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

Bump one thread in more that 24 hours is not a "Blatant and deliberate attempts to bump my thread", in every forum this rule means that you can't bump the thread in less than 24 hours. If this forum is different of all the others forums in the world you need to specify this.
Brilliant! Goes on to relate how this forum is different, quotes a rule, and then exclaims if this forum is different, then you need to specify it. Brilliant!

Quotes the rule and then tells how this forum is different...and yet says the difference needs to be specified. Brilliant

Last edited:

itoones

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm not arrogant, I just try to follow the rules, but this rule is not clear. The "bump rules" is one of the most basic rules on forums, if your thread has no answer you are allowed to "bump" your thread, even if you dont have an update or a change to make, if this forum don't allows you must specify this.
Is not specified in your rules that I cant bump my threads, just says that I cant make blatant and deliberate "bumps", what means that I can bump my topics, but don't says "when". The rule should be:

"You are not allowed to bump your thread to the top of the list with comments like (but not limited to) "bump", "up", "still available", etc."

And your best line is "You may not bump a thread for 7 days.", where do you read this rule?

Sorry but I'm just telling my point of view.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Seriously, I have not been part of too many forums but the ones I have been part of (and not limited to domains) prohibited bumping.

And, seriously...do you bother to read the very words you are typing?

Is not specified in your rules that I cant bump my threads, just says that I cant make blatant and deliberate "bumps", what means that I can bump my topics.

Obrigado.

itoones

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry, my english is bad but I think you can understand what I'm trying to say. If you create one thread and in some hours you "bump" your thread, this is a blatant and deliberate bump. But if you create one thread and in one or 2 days you bump your thread, this is not a blatant and deliberate bump. IMHO

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
if you create one thread and in one or 2 days you bump your thread, this is not a blatant and deliberate bump. IMHO
As you say, that is your opinion. I'm glad this forum has a different opinion, so that we are not just seeing the same bumped threads over and over. (Before that rule was made, some members bumped all of their threads every day or two; what a mess.)

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You can create a thread here and one from the other forum (whatever the forums that you mentioned) . Then go to other forum to BUMP if it makes you feel better.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bump

:D

Btw, where the heck are the rules? Can't seem to find the link but pretty sure there is something about bumping.

itoones

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Der rules.. are der rules.
I agree, rules are rules, but this rule is incomplete. Each one can interpret this rule in one way, one thing can be "blatant and deliberate" to one guy and not for another guy. Who decides this? If I create a thread and "bump" 5 days after it will be "blatant and deliberate"? and if I "bump" in a month?

silentg

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
bumps like "bump, still available, up..." are "blatant and deliberate". You get 3 bumps and use it wisely. Why would you want to bump a month old thread? If it's month old and name hasn't been sold then you should take the hint that no one is interested.

itoones

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
bumps like "bump, still available, up..." are "blatant and deliberate". You get 3 bumps and use it wisely. Why would you want to bump a month old thread? If it's month old and name hasn't been sold then you should take the hint that no one is interested.
It's just a illustration, the admin told me that I can "bump" one thread after 7 days, but this is not described in the rules. And maybe a sale can last more than months because you are waiting one better offer, but this is not the point. And I bump my threads because maybe somebody that dont came in the forum yesterday can come today, it happens all the time.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The bumps are annoying anyway, unless there is a relevant update like a reduction in price or current offer.

Tia Wood

Web Developer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am glad that bumping is not allowed here. I've been to another forum that does allow bumping. It's utterly useless.

itoones, your attitude toward Adam (DotComGod) is disgusting.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom