Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Strange rules on this forum!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

itoones

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Strange rules on this forum!!!

Well, I'm having some troubles with this forum, Some of my threads are been closed without reason, I have contacted moderators and got no answer.

The rules says: "Blatant and deliberate attempts to bump your thread to the top of the list with comments like (but not limited to) "bump", "up", "still available", etc. will result in the thread either being closed or deleted without notice! You may be warned at first, but repeated offenses may be treated differently."

In every forum that I have seen in all my life you can "BUMP" your topic in 24 hours, every forum. But in this forum if you do this your thread is closed, and "without notice". Bump one thread in more that 24 hours is not a "Blatant and deliberate attempts to bump my thread", in every forum this rule means that you can't bump the thread in less than 24 hours. If this forum is different of all the others forums in the world you need to specify this.
Sincerally, I can't believe that I paid for this.

Thanks for nothing...

Upvote 0

itoones

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sorry but I dont understand. First this topic is not to know if somebody like or not bumps, I created this topic just to know what that rules means. Why my attitude is disgusting? I just want to know if bumps are or not allowed in this forum. And I'm just telling that this rule is incomplete and my threads were closed unfairly, and I know that my opinion worth nothing here.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
rules are easy to make , very difficult to govern.
1000s of forums are there where one of the forum will give you an option of your choice , the second will given some other.

I am happy that here, when i have to open a thread, i can read the domain in the title
and do not get caught up in a punchline like title that many of the other forums allows to.

I hate seeing those threads that keep coming up just by bumping more often where you read the last 2-3 posts as "Bump" , "Still Available" .. it is annoying.
You can always close the thread as (Sale over) after giving justified time to your thread and then make a new one (i can see few users who keep creatin new threads with the same domains ) ;)

Yes, i always say that while closing a thread , even a word or 2 by admin/mod for reason of closure will do like "Bump","Title w/o Domain" etc..helps understand the user and disutes via PM or Feedbacks will reduce.

Said all that, willl like to mention that if DNF is not governed well, tomorrow, it will be just a place of crap and serious domainers may avoid this place.

DNF rocks always !

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ther are rules here on DNF ??!!

I wish somebody would have told me upfront.

I was hoping for anarchy.

Dangit.

Area52

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
itoones said:
i just want to know if bumps are or not allowed in this forum.

Maybe this is one comment that is confusing.
From the rules: "Maximum bumps/replies/updates is 3 for the life of the thread."

Last edited:

elius

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I somewhat agree that saying bumps within the 24h timeframe can be construed as deliberate bumps and bumps outside that timeframe are acceptable bumps since other forums use that rule. Clearly the rule is confusing to the OP and hating on him is hardly constructive. You may not agree with him or don't understand his confusion but this could have been easily solved by making clear that "bump/still available" and the likes are not acceptable bumps. You're starting from the premisse the man is of ill will when clearly he is just confused about the rule because he is new to the forum. Maybe his behavior is somewhat annoying but I would also be annoyed when I pay for something and then find out it isn't what I thought it would be.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
maybe I need to sell DCG 'BanStick.com' ;)

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I somewhat agree that saying bumps within the 24h timeframe can be construed as deliberate bumps and bumps outside that timeframe are acceptable bumps since other forums use that rule. Clearly the rule is confusing to the OP and hating on him is hardly constructive. You may not agree with him or don't understand his confusion but this could have been easily solved by making clear that "bump/still available" and the likes are not acceptable bumps. You're starting from the premisse the man is of ill will when clearly he is just confused about the rule because he is new to the forum. Maybe his behavior is somewhat annoying but I would also be annoyed when I pay for something and then find out it isn't what I thought it would be.

I also think that the original poster's tone is being misinterpreted. When you're trying to make yourself understood in what is not your native language, it's easy to come across in a way unintended. We also need to remember that when you're new to a forum you don't have the benefit older members do of knowing the quality of the administration. Many forums suffer terribly from bad admin. This means that you have no emotional link with the forum, but just see it as an inanimate place for which you've paid an entrance fee. To say that you are inside the rules may sound arrogant, but I'm guessing this wasn't intended, but was just stating what the poster saw as the truth, that he had stuck to the rules.

Yes, bumping is a right pain and it's great that it's not allowed here. But bumping new members through jumping on them isn't ideal either, in my opinion.

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you can bump uglies, just not on the forum outside of the adult section. maybe this will be helpful to the op.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Posting "still available" is a clear bump - there is nothing gained from that other than bumping your post to the top of the forum. This is against the rules.

But - you do have up to 3 "update bumps" - 10% (minimum) price reductions, domains sold, etc..

If you list a domain for sale for $100, a few days later if it didn't sell you can say "price reduction - $90".

Although I don't know what the rash of people bumping their threads with "closed" posts - just edit the first post and say closed. Why do people do this? Probably because the sale really isn't closed, they just want to go around the rules. If you're closing your sale, edit your sale post.

ecomindia

e-commerce.in
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Posting "still available" is a clear bump - there is nothing gained from that other than bumping your post to the top of the forum. This is against the rules.

But - you do have up to 3 "update bumps" - 10% (minimum) price reductions, domains sold, etc..

If you list a domain for sale for $100, a few days later if it didn't sell you can say "price reduction - $90".

Although I don't know what the rash of people bumping their threads with "closed" posts - just edit the first post and say closed. Why do people do this? Probably because the sale really isn't closed, they just want to go around the rules. If you're closing your sale, edit your sale post.

I also , to an extent agree, "Closed" should be silent and the first post should be edited.

Just a clarification... if I create a thread (first post in thread) a person comes and post something to it (seocnd post in thread) , then will I be allowed to bump 3 times from the first post or the post when some other user posted on my thread?

i hope i am able to explain my concern/doubt.

Makis77

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
itoones, your attitude toward Adam (DotComGod) is disgusting.

What was the disgusting thing that OP did towards Adam? Did he throw up in front of him? Did he open his mouth while eating pepperoni pizza?
He just created a topic asking a real question which rules obviously can't answer.

ps: are you disgusted with me too? :D

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, I thought there were strange rules on this forum when I first joined. Quickly got 5 infractions. After that, I took my time to read the rules.

JB Lions

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe the rules need updated so they are a littler clearer, since there's obvious confusion even among long time members, even in this thread. Taking a look at the rules in the External Auctions forum:

"Do not "bump" your sale threads with the word "bump", "one more day" or no relevant information. All replies to your own threads in sales MUST contain information pertaining to the sale. Maximum bumps/replies/updates is 3 for the life of the thread."

If you check out the forum, there are those kind of bumps. The auction ends tomorrow, in a few hours etc. you see that from many members. If those are the rules, they're not being enforced. And not enforcing them, just leads to confusion. And in the rules I quoted it says the bumps most contain information pertaining to the sale. Well, the auction ending soon is pretty relevant to a lot of people. I haven't seen it abused here, people going over 3 bumps, like at other places where it goes overboard. But probably getting the rules more clear would be a good thing.

bumps like "bump, still available, up..." are "blatant and deliberate". You get 3 bumps and use it wisely. Why would you want to bump a month old thread? If it's month old and name hasn't been sold then you should take the hint that no one is interested.

But -
"Do not "bump" your sale threads with the word "bump", "one more day"

Your thread

"auction ends in 6 hours"

http://www.dnforum.com/f178/plasticshovels-com-no-reserve-auction-cax-com-thread-454103.html

You violated the rules. And apparently I did as well, once. I think one bump like that is ok. A bump to let people know an auction is ending soon. Seems pretty reasonable. But not more than that, since it can get out of hand.

Last edited:

itoones

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm really happy to see that some of you understand what I mean, I'm not trying to make enemies here. I'm not absolutely right, but I'm not entirely wrong. The rule is incomplete, it takes you to a doubt and not for a conclusion. And I think really funny the comments telling me to go to another forum, that this forum is not to me and stuff. Should I leave the forum because I have a problem or try to resolve the problem?
IMO this rule needs to be edited, but who cares?
But now, even that the rules don't say it clearly, I will not bump my threads unless I have a good information to input.

krossat

Rohan
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Good on you to stick to your point, and keeping your cool. Whilst there may be people who get "disgusted" just to get noticed, most are practical enough to take constructive criticism.

I'm really happy to see that some of you understand what I mean, I'm not trying to make enemies here. I'm not absolutely right, but I'm not entirely wrong. The rule is incomplete, it takes you to a doubt and not for a conclusion. And I think really funny the comments telling me to go to another forum, that this forum is not to me and stuff. Should I leave the forum because I have a problem or try to resolve the problem?
IMO this rule needs to be edited, but who cares?
But now, even that the rules don't say it clearly, I will not bump my threads unless I have a good information to input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom