• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

StumbleUpon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

copper

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Mar 11, 2006
Messages
2,507
Reaction score
30
I just started one web site last night.
Today, I checked the stat and got 160+ visits.
It seems that someone put my site on StumbleUpon.

Anyone know how this thing work?
I did signup to see how it works, but, I still don't fully understand it :-D

Is it something like digg?
More people click on thumb up, more visitors you'll get?
For digg, your goal is to be on front page with lots of digg.

StumbleUpon, I don't see any site on front page.
I am confused even though I am glad I got 160+ visits from them :-D
How can I generate more traffic from this thing?
 
It's been around a while - at least a year. Those familiar with Firefox would probably know it best though they now have it for IE.

Signing up for stumbleupon and 'stumbling' your own sites with great write-ups can get you lots of traffic. People who write about your site do so to their blog. That blog is indexed by the search engines driving links and of course traffic to your sites. Now of course the users can say your site really blows as well for the world to see, but none of us have those types of sites now do we?

It's an excellent tool for marketing your sites.
 
I have a hunch the integrity of this site will be ruined pretty quickly by self promoters.
 
I have a hunch the integrity of this site will be ruined pretty quickly by self promoters.

You would think so but since users give a thumbs up or thumbs down to whatever site they visit - obvious shameful promotions of bad sites will be voted down.

Users also can rank eachother on stumbleupon. So if your site choices all suck, people will also vote you badly.
 
If you have quality pages, giving them a thumb up on StumbleUpon can certainly bring you additional traffic, up to a couple hundred visits per day.
 
It is a nice "traffic tool". It can help you to jump start a new website.
 
If you have quality pages, giving them a thumb up on StumbleUpon can certainly bring you additional traffic, up to a couple hundred visits per day.
So...
Is this mean my new site is pretty good considering
total stranger clicked on ThumbUp and got 160+ visitors from it? :-D

Now, how can I push this traffic even further?
 
So...
Is this mean my new site is pretty good considering
total stranger clicked on ThumbUp and got 160+ visitors from it? :-D

Now, how can I push this traffic even further?

Sign up yourself - also give it a thumbs up and write a review on it. That review will show up in two places - your own blog and on the website review page.
 
I joined and ThumbUp my own site and my two other sites :-D
Each got about 150 in one day.
So, it does bring much needed instant traffics to new site.

BTW, 1st site now has total 4 ThumbUp.
Will more ThumbUp bring more traffics?
For Digg - you get enough vote and your site end up on front page.
Is stumbleUpon has something similar?
 
Sign up yourself - also give it a thumbs up and write a review on it. That review will show up in two places - your own blog and on the website review page.

Does signing up give you a blog?
 
Yes, from what I remember, you automatically have your blog.
 
Humm...
Not sure if it's blog, but, I did get a page :-D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom