• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Stupid Question: Why Buy AdWords for a Parked Page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainFatigue

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2005
Messages
636
Reaction score
0
Ok,
Admittedly, I haven't been into PPC for too long. My game was always selling to endusers. But this evening I came to a Sedo parking page, clicked on a link and found another parking page. I wish I remembered the site so that I could research the PPC provider... Are people actually playing the spread, that is buying AdWords to get clicks on a parked page (perhaps earning them more with a Yahoo feed or something), or is there some other method to the madness? I could see maybe if it was a PPC template, but even then, is playing the spread profitable?
 
It must be profitable. If it's easy, and you come up with a method to make $0.50 per day off a domain - that's $170 profit past the renewal.

Do that with 250+ domains and you're making a living.
 
[input lightbulb here]. Higher paying keywords - I can see the possibilities...

I guess it's time for me to crawl out of the cave. Man, I'm starting to regret some of my enduser sales over the years. A lot of you folks are clearly more sophisticated at this game.

Time to really start learning...
 
I thought that was taboo. Is it? I thought you'd be kicked out of the parking program if they detect clicks came from a backlink. Some of my Japanese keywords have strong bids of over $10 a click up to $30...
 
End-user sales is where the money is. Keep doing what you are doing.
 
WhoDatDog said:
End-user sales is where the money is. Keep doing what you are doing.


Thanks WhoDatDog. That's really the only game I know.
 
DomainFatigue said:
Thanks WhoDatDog. That's really the only game I know. But it seems the sales I'm making these days are for much less than in the past and not as frequent. I haven't had a high X,XXX sale in over two years. Maybe It's just because I sold my best names early on... I think I have to start expanding into development and get a handle on PPC. At the very least, it would be nice to earn some revenue in-between sales... I do know now, based upon the OVT, that some names I let drop back then probably would have made some decent bucks on PPC. Oh well, life's a learning process and all things considered I'm still ahead...

Goto agree with you on that one regarding the sales ! it seems a few decent sales being made out of millions registered its becoming like the lottery !
 
Its against just about every parking companies TOS and will get your names banned as well as forfeit earnings
 
britishbulldog said:
Goto agree with you on that one regarding the sales ! it seems a few decent sales being made out of millions registered its becoming like the lottery!

For a big sale definitely. But thank God for the little ones. For me they keep the hobby alive...

fatter said:
Its against just about every parking companies TOS and will get your names banned as well as forfeit earnings

Thanks for the info. I guess I'll stick with doing it the hard way. That's the last thing I need. It does seem rather ingenious though...
 
right... and this is nothing new.

hello arbitrage!

look it up if you don't know what it means :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom