• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Subdomain Monetization???

Status
Not open for further replies.

VividChoice

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2006
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Is there a place on the web where one can monetize his/her domain name based on subdomain type-ins?

I own a few domains that I was planning on developing for the mere purpose of branding the subdomain. The domain name without the sub* is pointless.

If anyone has any comments on this experience, I would love to hear about it.

P.S. Has anyone sold a domain because of his/her catchy sub?

-thanks
 
I do not think that most subdomains would get much type-in traffic. People type in cellphones.com, but not cell.phones.com or cellphon.es

Am I missing something?
This topic is interesting.
 
March2005 said:
I do not think that most subdomains would get much type-in traffic. People type in cellphones.com, but not cell.phones.com or cellphon.es

Am I missing something?
This topic is interesting.

Ok, thanks for your interest...
Lets say that I own the domain name... 0gpa.com.
The name alone is meaningless, but by adding a sub--I could make 4.0gpa.com,or 3.0gpa.com and so on. My interest is to find a way to monetize the name with the sub (the "4" in this matter).

-thanks
 
I like that name, it is creative.

There definitely are companies buying ads about educational stuff. Maybe a name like that could be used to host a forum for high school students that need homework help or whatever.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom