Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed SubleaseNYC.com

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain summit 2024

Are you planning to lease the NYC subway? :D
Honestly, I can't see that domain used for something.

P

President Gringo

Would have to agree with timechange.........can't see any demand for this.

G

gbrott

There is a HUGE sublease (APARTMENTS YOU GUYS- THINK!!!)market in ny, and this is the perfect domain for it. The demand might not be high, but when someone builds the site for it, what you have is pretty good.

the trouble is that subletnyc would be much better.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gbrott
...the trouble is that subletnyc would be much better.

Are you from Europe? Sublease is a much more common term in the US than 'sublet it' is, mostly used in the U.K.

I also disagree about the name Subleasenyc.com having any value. Can't see any value in it, especially with the letters NYC, some people may not even recognize the abbreviation.

The long domain NewYorkCitySubleaseApartments.com would be better. May even get some type-in hits but subleasenyc would not.

G

gbrott

I would disagree with you - I live in Boston and NYC previously.

If someone is going to try to get an apartment, they would be more likely to say "i'm going to try to get a sublet" rather than "i'm going to try to get a sublease".

accordingly, someone looking to do a sublet is more likely to say "i'm going to sublet my apartment" than "i'm going to sublease my apartment"...

and I've renting plenty of apartments! just my opinion...

G

gbrott

Ok realnames if I'm Wrong (as you so boldy proclaim, while I simply disagreed), do a search in google for "sublease new york apartments" and tell me what google suggests ("did you mean" )?

next do a search for "sublet new york apartments" and tell me if google suggests anything...

How about web pages:
Google results: Sublease New York Apartments: 1,440
Google results: Sublet New York Apartments: 15,600

It seems to me that sublet is about 10 times more common.

Of course I'm sure those are all U.K. pages dedicated to renting New York apartments, because as you definitively state "its a word rarely used except in the U.K."...

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Perhaps I am wrong, sorry if you were upset by the way I worded it. My error in its words. I am not sure why Google has more results using sublet. There must be an explanation, perhaps OTHER than its professional usage.

All I know is that its a much more common professional term than sublet. Ask most Realtors and look at most Professional Lease Agreements used in the rental business, where sublease is much more common of a term.

Perhaps sublet is used more by individuals such as yourself. Most Realtors and Property Managers use the term sublease.

G

gbrott

I agree that sublease is more common among leases and realtors, just not in the everday language of the end users.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gbrott interesting how you edited down your tone...

Yes, I did edit it right away. :) I wish others would do so also whenever they put things in writing which stir up some hostility or anger from others.

This is one of the cool good features at DNforum vs Afternic where editing of posts was not allowed.

It's the type of things you would not hesitate saying to someone during a personal conversation but for some odd reason words in print are much more powerful and have more impact.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RealNames

This is one of the cool good features at DNforum vs Afternic where editing of posts was not allowed.

I agree with Realnames, sometimes you drink too much bong water and start having delusions you are Conan the Barbarian slaying the unwashed hoards.

Edit is very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators