Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Brandable.uk

Success rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Web

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I may be repeating this threat, but as this market change very quickly, the results may vary too.
I would like to know which % of the drops you estimate each catcher gets. For instance, pool 30%, enom 30% and so on and so forth, including catchers that don’t sell backorders such as buydomains.

Thanks.

Domain Summit 2024

cambler

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Web said:
I may be repeating this threat, but as this market change very quickly, the results may vary too.
I would like to know which % of the drops you estimate each catcher gets. For instance, pool 30%, enom 30% and so on and so forth, including catchers that don’t sell backorders such as buydomains.

Thanks.

That is somewhat subjective. In order to compare, you have to come up with a list of names that all services are actively trying to get. I can tell you that we get a small number of names that no other drop service is going for. Consider names that you're willing to bid $10 on at Club Drop, but not willing to bid $60 on a Pool, for example.

So if you want to determine this, first come up with a list of the "high-value" names for a given day such that you're sure that everyone is gunning for them. Then you can compare.

Web

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You are right, it is subjective. What I want is an estimation based on people experience.
I have seen sites like whois-search.com that shows a list of who get the “top drops”. You can get the statistics from there. But I have seen that there are users in this forum who try to get a list of domains every day and they may have other numbers.
What I want to know is if a “high value” domain is dropped what do you think there’re the chances to get it with every drop service (based in your experience).

Chris, I know you can't probably answer this but it's worth to ask. How many of the 10 domains with more bids gets club drop on an avarage day?

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am often analyzing who is catching what.

However, there is no hard and fast formula.

With the new auction setup at Pool, I am seeing them
catch less.

Plus, with Snapnames now getting more aggressive. That has
changed the percentages.

If you want a guess for the past week. I would say it
was evenly divided 1/3 Pool, 1/3 Snap and 1/3 Enom.
NW and GD are small percentages.

I think we need another one or two weeks of activity before
we estimate a more thorough catching ratio.

Web

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, this is my estimation as well. Maybe 40 Pool, 40 Enom and 20 Snap lately, but as you say, it has became more aggressive since they change to the auction system. Just for curiosity, what percentage would you give to GD? Less than 5%? Thanks.

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Web said:
Yes, this is my estimation as well. Maybe 40 Pool, 40 Enom and 20 Snap lately, but as you say, it has became more aggressive since they change to the auction system. Just for curiosity, what percentage would you give to GD? Less than 5%? Thanks.

Three registrars against 100 plus (Pool, enom and Snaps). Less than 5% is a high ball figure not taking into account (software and bandwidth scenarios), but a good generalized summation. IMHO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Days till Domain Summit

Days

Hours

Minutes

Seconds

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom