Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Sunday Auction Aug 24th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well, that would certainly be step toward resolving one of those fundamental issues I raised in my earlier post.

see? we don't really disagree anymore :)

Domain Summit 2024

Cash Is King

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner

We need retail buyers in the auction.. I wonder if DNF needs an"offsite" place (website?) for the auction? ! whatever "secrets" we have stay here unless they want to join...

What do you think about that ?

Hey bid

We have dnfauctions.com already. A recommedation has been presented to Dcg for the live auction. I'm awaiting his feedback.

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
We need retail buyers in the auction.. I wonder if DNF needs an"offsite" place (website?) for the auction? ! whatever "secrets" we have stay here unless they want to join...
Yo Bid! You may have hit on something really good here!

As it is now, people HAVE to be a member to even go to the auction.

Then there is the issue of trust as well as them cluing in to the "wholesale" market!!

HOWEVER.... if YOUR idea was pursued, and we could get offsite buyers, who would pay retail prices, it could be a GOLD MINE!

They have to register for the auction, just like in real auctions, and their payment is drawn automatically from their credit card!

No DNF membership. No secrets revealed. More $$$ in all our pockets!

Dude, you really need to submit this one to Adam! I will back you up all the way!

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by PCplay
WebCat,

I like your idea and I want to give it a shot. But I am assuming there is little interest in my name (only a few select people, which is different than no value).

So if I were to set the starting bid at say $1 and a $50 reserve. I am assuming that the first person would only bid $1/$2 when they would be willing to bid higher if I made it start higher. So where would I start the bidding?
PCPlay, good question! Here's how it's SUPPOSED to work:

you put pcplay.com up with a $50 dollar reserve (which I can't see).

All items have either a 1 or 2 dollar starting bid.

I like your name, but am not sure what it's worth, but I might be willing to go up to say 25 to 30 dollars. There are 2 other people who feel about the same. NONE know your hidden reserve.

a (me) bid 1.00
b bid 2
a bid 4
c bid 5
a bid 8
c bid 12
b bid 18
a bid 20

by now, we are getting frustrated and a little excited. We know your name is in-play! That makes us want it more. THIS is auction psychology!

c bid 22
a bid 25
c bid 30

going.... going.... NO SALE

However, YOU know know of THREE people who are willing to buy your name for up to $30.00!! You can PM them and offer it to them, and if they accept, you complete the sale. For less than your reserve, but you still made the sale!

Also, we could build in to the script the ability of the seller to release the name to the highest bidder DISPITE their reserve! Instead of NO SALE, it says:

going.... going..... RELEASE? and counts to 10 for you to give permission to sell to Mr. C at $30.00!

THIS is how live auctions all over the United STates are conducted every day. This process works very well! The main difference is..... there is a live auctioneer, not a script, LOL!

I can tell you I would bid on MANY more domains if I did not know the reserve price!

Hope this Loooong post helps answer your question!

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yeah, this is part of the problem. The "starting bid" EQUALS the reserve price!

This is one reason we are getting no bids!

I know I would bid on a lot of domains, IF I was unaware of the sellers pre-existing reserve price/starting bid.

It's a flaw in the auction script. If it's going to change, it will require an alteration of the script.

Hope this helps!
WebCat

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators