Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

appraise Talkio.com

This thread is an appraisal of the domain name requested.

Artashes

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently found myself in a position to close a very old company of mine, with a domain name Talkio.com becoming available.

I purchased this domain through a private sale back in 2006 for $650 (down from initial $2500 asking). I do receive occasional interest in it, most recently from a seemingly sizeable US based tech company. Conversations have never advanced because the domain was tied to an incorporated entity.

But now that the company was dissolved, I am wondering how to come to evaluate something like this. I can list it with BrandBucket and see what they come up with, but (a) it would take weeks to get an estimate, and (b) I wanted to see what people in the business think and why they think it.

Appreciate it.

Domain summit 2024

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Artashes

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thank you, @Mr. Deleted for the input. All great finds, all new to me. Some of these look seriously invested in their name/brand, so I don't see them switching and redesigning for the new name, but it's probably worth approaching a couple of them.

I understand it isn't a dictionary word, so no search engine traffic, and it's hard to assess value based on brandability of names. Nevertheless, what do you think the bracket can be? Or, what do other similar brandable .com domains have been selling for?

jhm

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I agree with @Mr. Deleted

Nice brandable ...I consider it thousands (offers accepted)

Darlington Omeh

Level 2
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
This name is a perfect fit for a Zoom like project. I'd advice you list it at Brandbucket and SquadHelp at around 20k to 60k and wait.

With a nice logo to match, the sale will be much more easier.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom