Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

cctld TBR - April 18, 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoobar

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Number of Domain Names on the List: 5888

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Well, looks like there are no 2 chars this week, but plenty of 3 chars.. so will be an interesting week I believe...Hope no one has seen thingsmygirlfriendsays.ca or thingsmystonedfriendsays.ca, which could make an interesting site.. :)

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Horrible TBR week. I see one "okay" name. But no white whale. And sure as heck nothing tooth and nail.

I got up at 6:30 AM today to read over the part of the list I couldn't read last night. I feel like it's an absolute waste. I could have had an hour more of sleep.

Take my feedback with a grain of salt... I'm not a morning person and am probably inordinately grumpy right now.

In any event, I may stop doing TBR's. It just isn't worth the effort anymore, I'm starting to feel.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought there were more mid-tier names than usual, one or two keywords and brandables that could have potential.

I got one and in auction for another. Stayed away from Lucerne because of the food company, but now I see it's also a city in Switzerland, which is where I'd focus that domain (travel). Other good ones were esolutions, rotary, thornhillhomes, but there really was no killer name.

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thornhillhomes was my white whale. Not a huge deal for me, I already own thornhillhouses in the dot com, I'd still have loved to have it.

Just paid for thezone dot ca. I put in a hail mary bid for it at Burmac, thinking it would be sure to get taken by someone else. Lo and behold, I've now got it.

I think it's a pretty cool brandable. Any opinions?

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TheZone.ca? Um, okay - what are you going to do with it?

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
TheZone.ca? Um, okay - what are you going to do with it?

I'm no developer, I'm a speculator. So, I'll sit on it like I would any other domain. Search for "the zone" on google, you'll see plenty of relevant results. Likely spawning from coined phrases such as "in the zone".

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree, it's a good brandable term. I normally don't like the'keyword' domains, unless it's a common term like this one. 'the zone' has a connotation with sports and performing at a high level. I could see a company using it for an ad campaign, slogan, name of a sportsbar or store chain (e.g.: thesource.ca). Who knows how long you'll have to sit on it, but IMO it's a term that can be used commercially.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom